• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cut

hailo

Hello:
I'm working on an image in Illustrator CS2 and I am trying to use Contour Cut in order to print and cut in Versaworks. When I apply the contour cut, it does the whole image even within. I initially began with this image Photoshop then I vectorized it in Illustrator. But then I also started from scratch and then vectorized it all in Illustrator to no avail.

Basically, I want to be able to cut around the image and not within it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! :thankyou:

ashleighfiddler

What are you applying the contour cut to? what I usually do is take the whole vector image, duplicate it, ungroup it and comine it (add to shape button) so it's one path or compound path depending on whether there's negative space in your image. give that path the ContourCut stroke and put it on top of everything else. I usually do everything on one layer with that on top of the stacking order. Save as .eps and load it into versaworks.

Also you can't use a linked photoshop file to output to versaworks, you'd have to make the background image a .tiff or .jpg or whatever.

what do you mean it does the whole image? you should be applying a stroke to a path, you only want the stroke colored, not the fill, for the cutting path.

Hope that helped!