• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour cuts WAY OFF !!!

autoexebat

Hey all , I've done a few graphics with contours in Corel and some have failed. I have throw way too much money down the drain so it's time for me to ask for help.

As you can see from the pictures the cut pats are way off , WHY ? I have no idea .. I printed a kit in 2 sections , section one cut fine . Second set ( pictures posted ) is way off , both cut countous are setup the same per section 1 and section 2.

Any ideas of what can cause the countour cut to be off this much ?

Attachments

• DSCN1182.jpg
    DSCN1182.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCN1183.jpg
    DSCN1183.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 187
  • DSCN1184.jpg
    DSCN1184.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 173

TDFcustomSL

Are you sending the cut file straight from Corel or using a different RIP? I have ran into this problem and fought it for hours and wasted tons of material using Flexi. Closed production manager and re opened it and it cut perfectly. I wish I had an explanation but this worked for me. Also, If it is the really thick laminate like it appears to be I have ran into issues reading the registration marks correctly, try cutting the laminate out from around the registration marks and see if that helps anything.

woolly

If using versaworks do not use centre on media and a small eps boarder should be set.
The dealer that installed the machine should have tested the alignment and left it perfect.

autoexebat

Yes I am using super think lam and using versaworks. I'm setting up the contour in Corel then exporting the file to EPS. I just ran a test print / cut without lam and it worked perfectly.

Also for the life of me I can't get the inside cut contour to work on all objects in corel , it will work fine on some but not on others.

The dealer told me the blade offset for my blade is 1mm , does this sound ok ?

autoexebat

I setup the bleed in corel , hopefully tomorrow I can test it some more .. I can't figure out how some parts are flawless with no bleed and other parts fail big time.

I must say I thought this printer was a little more advance ? I guess 18 grand still won't do 100% flawless work.

autoexebat

Thanks , I did send an email and didn't get a responce. I just wish I wouldn't have throw so much material down the drain , but I have no way of knowing before I try ! Some cut perfect and some were awful .

I setup the bleed cut this morning and cut again ... all trashed ,Now I'm out of material and have to refund the customer

will have to upload pic's later.

autoexebat

I would get on the horn with your dealer - they obviously didn't provide sufficient training and as a result you're not able to use their equipment as intended.

Learning curve is one thing but it sounds like their lack of training is costing you money and potential customers.

I was working with the xc540 since 2007 , using the equiptment is not an issue.

autoexebat

Well like I stated in the thread , I set my graphic kits up into 2 sections because I don't want to print /cut 60+ inches of materail at a time.

So an example ,
Section 1 being 40 inches = I printed , laminated and did the contour cuts and came out perfectly .
Section 2 being 20 inches = I printed , laminated and did the contour cuts and came out trashed.

I can see that people make errors and maybe they don't setup the files correctly.

I took my files to a friends Rolanda xc-540 and the contour cuts came out perfect on section 1 and section 2.

Auburnpeanut

We have a graphtec GC-130FX and it sometimes will do this as well. We use FlexiSignPro. I set up the files the same way everytime. My coworker also has me set up files for her, just to make sure. Sometimes it just effs up and cut in the wrong place. This is on files that were already set up and have been done 30-40 times with no problems. I will say that we generally did have problems with it reading the alignment marks when covered with laminate. When we laminate, we trim away the material so that it does not cover the alignment marks. That generally does the trick. Hope you can get it figured out.

TDFcustomSL

We have a graphtec GC-130FX and it sometimes will do this as well. We use FlexiSignPro. I set up the files the same way everytime. My coworker also has me set up files for her, just to make sure. Sometimes it just effs up and cut in the wrong place. This is on files that were already set up and have been done 30-40 times with no problems. I will say that we generally did have problems with it reading the alignment marks when covered with laminate. When we laminate, we trim away the material so that it does not cover the alignment marks. That generally does the trick. Hope you can get it figured out.

Another thing I have ad problems with with my Graphtec is it WILL NOT maintain the default speed settings. I have the speed set to, lets say 12, on the cutter and have production manager set to the same. Most of the time after it reads the registration marks the speed jumps to the maxium. This has cause it to cut off the contour many times. What I have to do is after the last mark is read, push the condition button and before It starts cutting re adjust my speed then let it continue. I have no idea why it does this or how to fix it.

Auburnpeanut

Another thing I have ad problems with with my Graphtec is it WILL NOT maintain the default speed settings. I have the speed set to, lets say 12, on the cutter and have production manager set to the same. Most of the time after it reads the registration marks the speed jumps to the maxium. This has cause it to cut off the contour many times. What I have to do is after the last mark is read, push the condition button and before It starts cutting re adjust my speed then let it continue. I have no idea why it does this or how to fix it.

What soft where are you using?

On the Graphtec's front control panel:

Menu button > 1 Tool > Down Arrow > 4 Condition Priority > 1 Manual > E Set > Down Arrow > 1 Tool Select > 2 Disable > E Set

This causes the plotter to ignore pen settings coming from the software, and always use the values defined in the plotter's Condition instead.

TDFcustomSL

Menu button > 1 Tool > Down Arrow > 4 Condition Priority > 1 Manual > E Set > Down Arrow > 1 Tool Select > 2 Disable > E Set

This causes the plotter to ignore pen settings coming from the software, and always use the values defined in the plotter's Condition instead.

I will try this, thank you

Auburnpeanut

+1

autoexebat

This is something to look at as sometimes my lam lands 1/2 way into the crop mark !!!

autoexebat

Still dead in the water here , I'm taking all of my prints to another guy to have done now. I would think that this printer would do a much better job but sadly it's not looking that way. I did the allignment check and it's good . For some reason my files just won't work here on my system but works on my friends xc-540 just fine. I went though all of my manuals and checked everything.

I will let you know what I figure out ! I was up until 7AM working on it and I'm just simply worn out .

Thanks