• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Contour Cutting Pre-Printed Material

czwalga

I have flexi-pro 10. Due to insufficient use I'm subb'ing my print jobs out for now. However I still would like to contour cut my own printed vinyl. I have a vinyl express q100 cutter.

Is there a way to get flexi to read an outside EPS registration mark? As of right now the registration marks are applied in the production manager. Well since I'm not printing the file i'm having issues here. The person who does my printing doesn't use flexi.

Really I was hoping that i could add my own marks in an EPS file have them printed, then have flexi recognize those same marks for when I goto cut my material. If there's an easy way, even using another program please let me know.

To do this I believe you have to use illustrator with the cutting master plug in. You would have to create two different files one for print and one for cut. Then you need to get a good print house because you need your prints to be to size correctly. Then when you get the prints back load them in the vinyl express and run them.

J Hill Designs

also make sure your print house doesn't cut the prints to size of file (or make your files like 6" bigger all around) - you will need extra pinch rollers, sensors, etc