Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

contour cutting window perf with plotter?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by all_things_art, Oct 15, 2012.

1. all_things_art

all_things_art Member

Jan 2, 2006
    nova scotia
    my question is how much wear and tear is this on my machine(roland sp300)?
    i did a test one and it sounded awful ,all I kept picturing the blade was like car driving really fast over a road full of potholes

Tags:
  2. ova

ova Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Wheeling, WV
    If it's not cutting all the way thru the backer, I wouldn't be too concerned. The noise is probably caused from the holes in the material.

Dave

3. all_things_art

all_things_art Member

Jan 2, 2006
    nova scotia
    it's not cutting through the backing...seems to be cutting perfect .......i'm just a little worried that all the "vibration" might loosing something up...I have around 600 of these thing to print and cut

4. SIGNTIME

SIGNTIME Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    ny
    if they are all the same cut you may want to consider having them die cut

5. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Punched out 500 units with our 540. They were about 10"x12". Didn't notice anything different on successive jobs.

6. all_things_art

all_things_art Member

Jan 2, 2006
    nova scotia

perfect,...thank you, that's all i needed to know was someone else has been down the same "bumpy" road without having all the screws fall out the blade carriage:Big Laugh