• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Control Panel Dead

bovegas

Hi, I have problem with my VP-300. Printer was working fine and I wanted to close contacts on maintenance cover switch, so I don’t have to put tape when cover is off. I turned off main switch and unplugged power cord, then I soldered two switch contacts together. After I plugged and started machine I got message “close maintenance cover”. So I thought this is normally closed switch, so I cut both wires. Message was still there after cutting wires. Than I tried to power off printer from control panel and it wasn’t powering off. I turned off main switch, then turned on and tried to power on printer from control panel but control panel is dead. Tried to start in service mode and nothing happened. I checked voltage on control panel and there was 5v. Later I saw that cable from servo to main board was not seated properly(maybe I accidentally moved with my hand because i was looking for dropped screw from maintenance cover)). I checked fuses and all of them are ok. Green led on carriage board turns on when main power is on and green led on main board turns on, but for some reason display, or any light on control panel not powering up.Anybody has any clue what might be wrong. Are there any check points on main board that I can check. I got oscilloscope and signal generator, just not sure how to check

Drip Dry

I think I would look at the cable that connects to the control panel.
Not that it goes bad, but damage from physical damage.

I'm told that if the cable is bad, it will show gibberish on the display before going dead all together.
In my case, it was just dead

bovegas

I think I would look at the cable that connects to the control panel.
Not that it goes bad, but damage from physical damage.

I'm told that if the cable is bad, it will show gibberish on the display before going dead all together.
In my case, it was just dead
I checked cable but it looks goodj

bovegas

I checked power coming to power button. It works.ther is no power coming to any led after i press switch. Are there any check points on mother board to check? There is 41v supply to mother board and there is 24v going to power board. Both voltages are present. Only green light on servo board is not working, one on mpther board and one on carriage board are on. Does one on servo board should be on or not?