• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Controltac vs. Scotchcal

ngates

I am curious as to if someone could tell me the difference between 3M Controltac and 3M Scotchcal? I understand Controltac to be pressure activated, and Scotchal to be not be. If someone could elaborate that would be great.

Also, any input on the difference between 180Cv3 and 170Cv3 would be greatly appreciated. I currently use 180Cv3, but wondering about 170Cv3 for flat wraps.

Thanks for your help!

Mosh

Controltac you have to squeegie down before it will stick. If you just
lay it in a sheet you can pick it back up pretty easy if you don't squeegie it.
that make sence?

ngates

I see the difference in the adhesive to be pressure activated and pressure sensitive. I understand pressure activated, but define sensitive. I am not trying to be difficult. I have my idea of what this means, but want opinions of how others define pressure sensitive.

ngates

Makes since. What brought me to ask is I have a sample roll of IJ170Cv3 and it looked just like 180Cv3. Just by my initial test of an 8"x8" square it did not seem to have any harder of an initial tack than 180. I know that is not really a sufficiant test. Once I get a chance I will be printing a larger piece to test.

You guys have confirmed what I thought.