• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Convert 1614 to Die sub

formanek

So my Mutoh 1614 has been replaced by a HP Latex....

#1 Can the 1614 be converted to die sub for tee shirt material printing?
#2 Who to call and/or order parts for conversion?

Thanks.... Any help is appreciated. BTw..... I am in MN.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
When you want convert dye sublimation printer to eco solvent ink printer, there are many parts need replaced.
Printer head, pump, capping...
But convert eco solvent printer to dye sublimation printer (or other water based ink), shut down the heater is enough.
No parts need replaced, and you can buy water based head next time.

Otherwise, if you want convert roll to roll printer to flat printer, it is will be a hard job, need professional technicians to do.

Brent

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I am assuming that you are talking about water based dye sub inks.

To convert the printer to dyesub you will need to flush the printer with the eco-ultra cleaner twice. Then replace the dampers and possibly the sub tanks. Any residue in the sub tanks will cause clogging in the printer and it is best to do replace them. Once the new parts are in you will have to flush the unit 2 times again, this time with the flush for the dye sub inks. Some dye sub inks work with denatured water. Most dye sub inks will not come with chips for the cartridges so you will have to find a way to bypass them. Once you have the printer inked up you will need new profiles and have to make sure that the heaters are turned off.

alias1

1614 conversion

As chris suggested. I have done this before and had no issues with the change-over. When we got tired we converted back to solvent with no issues again. i suggest you go for the conversion.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
According to Mutoh tech, you can convert dye sub to eco solvent; not the other way around (eco solvent to dye sub) unless you change out the entire ink system (components that touch the ink). Never done one, never fail one. Not positive for a fact.

Why not buy a dye sub RJ900 - brand new unit is about $7,000. Keep the eco solvent printing outdoor stuff.

www.premiercolour.com

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Most dye sub inks will not come with chips for the cartridges so you will have to find a way to bypass them.

I believe Mutoh will disable the card readers for a, hefty, fee. That would be the way to go if you don't want to mess with card re-setters, firmware, and wiring etc.. Mutoh card readers are the hardest to emulate for some reason so the third party readers can be glitchy.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I believe Mutoh will disable the card readers for a, hefty, fee. That would be the way to go if you don't want to mess with card re-setters, firmware, and wiring etc.. Mutoh card readers are the hardest to emulate for some reason so the third party readers can be glitchy.

Mutoh only turns off the card readers on the printers that they intended to be dyesub printers. If they sold it with eco solvent and they won't.

Chris is correct in the process and the card system. I have heard of ecosolvent dye-sub out there. I believe Lyson has it. Might be an easier conversion.