• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Convert file for me please

ironchef

I have an ai file made on a newer version, I need it in a pdf or cdr file please. Will pay thru cash app

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

boxerbay

open a new doc in AI with an art board larger than the current file. drag and drop into it your file. it shows up as a placed file. then go to EDIT>FLATTEN TRANSPARENCY. tick high resolution and tick CONVERT FONTS TO OUTLINES.

ikarasu

No problem - Scaled them to 50% because of Adobes Size limit (Just pointing out again incase you didn't see it!).

Didn't know pdfs are limited to 200" x 200" while illustrator is 227... Kind of stupid.

ironchef

Big thanks to Ikarasu for helping me out with this job.
4d30010744b6725d4c886f33ccce8505.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

klmiller611

Very Nice!

Another way to convert the file to a workable version of Illustrator, is to open it in Acrobat Pro, set to open all types, then save it out as a PDF. Then you should be able to edit the PDF in Illustrator. Your mileage may vary!

Ken

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Very Nice!

Another way to convert the file to a workable version of Illustrator, is to open it in Acrobat Pro, set to open all types, then save it out as a PDF. Then you should be able to edit the PDF in Illustrator. Your mileage may vary!

Ken

I did a similar one just today. 4 ai files with embedded font. I would like to explain to Adobe users that embedding does absolutely no good.Always convert fonts when sending to a third party. Another classic Graphics 101 teaching.
Anyway, my work around goes like this
Change .ai extension to .pdf, open in Acrobat Pro click on Advanced tab/PDF Optimizer. Then click fonts tab and check “do not Unembed any font” and save over the pdf
Import to Corel