• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Convert PDF help

ChicagoGraphics

Can anyone convert a PDF file to outlines for me, if it's even possible to do or change it into an ai. or eps. file,
the font has not been converted to outlines in the file.

Thanks

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
What issue are you having? Can you see the fonts in the PDF correctly but they don't rip right? Or do they display in the PDF wrong too?
If the PDF fonts are wrong and not embedded, you're limited on options.
If you can see the proper fonts in Acrobat, hit tools > Print Production > Flattener Preview. You have flattening options in there without having to go through AI and convert the fonts.

Easy option from the customer is to always ask them to export their PDF's as an X4 compliant file. Up to date digital workflow compliance will eliminate all sorts of normal errors that lead to lots of time wasted and mis-prints.

If you're stuck in the mud then upload the file here if it will fit. Or use a dropbox/G-drive link. Or shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll have you send me the file. I should be able to give you an immediate answer.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
In illustrator use "place" instead of "open". That should convert the fonts I think. Otherwise use CorelDraw and import using text to curves option. Also, as mentioned, Acrobat Pro. Frustrated? Tell them to make a the pdf the right way or get out of the business.

Grafix

In illustrator use "place" instead of "open". That should convert the fonts I think. Otherwise use CorelDraw and import using text to curves option. Also, as mentioned, Acrobat Pro. Frustrated? Tell them to make a the pdf the right way or get out of the business.

Agree - I do this all the time. Open a new file in Illustrator. 'Place' the pdf file then go to Object -> Flatten Transparency ->push Raster up to 100% and tick the 'Convert all text to outlines'

IslandSignWorks

If you have the full Creative Suite, open a new file, Place the image, save as PDF. This works for both non-compliant PDFs as well as newer EPS files that won't open in older versions of Illustrator (my personal laptop is still CS5). It should outline all the fonts and flatten the vectors to something useable.