• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Convex/Pro Shiled MX Graphics Questions

calliegraphics

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered some Convex High Bond 6mil vinyl and Pro-Shield 12mil Laminate to make some graphics for me and my husbands dirt bikes. I don't normally do graphics like this, so I have some questions.

I have a Roland SP-300V printer. Any recommendations for print/heat settings?

Since this will be so thick (18mil total), I plan on printing registration marks and then cutting the graphics out on my Summa S2 T75 plotter after laminating the graphics.

In my business, I've never applied a laminate before. Any hints/tips? I wasn't able to find any instructions for this online, chances are good most people know how already!

Thanks so much for your time, and hints/tips would be greatly appreciated. The Convex material is a bit pricey, and I'd hate to waste most of it with trial and error.

DrCAS

I have used this material before. I turned the cutting speed way down. It weeds nice but you need to watch weeding it because the stuff sticks to everything. Oracal and Avery make similar materials that work very well, too.

calliegraphics

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Any chance you were using a Roland printer? I was curious to what vinyl profile to use along with heat settings.

cyclerc

I just ordered some Convex High Bond 6mil vinyl and Pro-Shield 12mil Laminate to make some graphics for me and my husbands dirt bikes. I don't normally do graphics like this, so I have some questions.

I have a Roland SP-300V printer. Any recommendations for print/heat settings?

Since this will be so thick (18mil total), I plan on printing registration marks and then cutting the graphics out on my Summa S2 T75 plotter after laminating the graphics.

In my business, I've never applied a laminate before. Any hints/tips? I wasn't able to find any instructions for this online, chances are good most people know how already!

Thanks so much for your time, and hints/tips would be greatly appreciated. The Convex material is a bit pricey, and I'd hate to waste most of it with trial and error.

cyclerc

I had a sp300v and cutted the 21mil mx graphics with 60 blade and heat in max. And 2 pass but now use mimaki printer and mimaki cutter , cut at 410 of pressure cut perfect with one pass. If you don't have a laminator you can use a bigsqueggee..

Sign Works

Convex prints nicely on my SP-300V using GCVP profile, default heat setting 37 & 40. Cutting you will have to experiment a bit to find what works best for you (to get it dialed in so to speak). What I find helpful it to use Zecu blades rather than the standard blades, the shaft of the Zecu blades are narrower than the standard blade, you can order Zecu blades from Roland or from Clean Cut Blades.

Last edited: