• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Copam - cutter or boat anchor

sewfun52

Does anyone know how to check if a serial/usb cable is working? A "friend" has acquired a used but seemingly operational Copam CP-2500. The cutter is equipped with a USB/Serial cable - the cutter has serial and parallel connections. I've attempted to install a number of drivers for the USB/Serial cable - my computer recognizes the cable but won't update the driver. I've also tried a serial cable (PCI serial card connection) and a parallel printer cable. None of these show the cutter connected. UScutter.com will sell software that will send designs to the machinery but doesn't offer support for legacy equipment to other than the original owner. (It is a rabbit hole.) If I can determine that the computer can communicate with the cutter, I'll recommend they purchase the software, but so far, there is no obvious connection being made. The driver for the serial to usb shows in device manager - the device is there, and the software program I tried (Inkcut, I think, trial version) identifies the cutter as supported, but no communication between the cutter and the software/computer interface is shown. The cutter will make the small and advanced test cuts from the control panel, but I'm not sure that means the main board is alright.

Go Graphtec - the best cutter ever made!!!