• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel exporting as eps size problem to flexi..HELP PLEASE

discountdecals

Hi Folks,
I'd like to ask a little help.
I'm exporting a corel draw file which is only 669kb... and by the time i have it exported at 300dpi, selection only with transparent background the eps is coming out at 252gb... It's only on 2 files. Other files which may be 1.5mb is converted to an eps about 25mb.... please help as I have almost given up on the matter.... thanks very much indeed :)
ps I'm using coreldraw7, flexi 8.6, photopaint 10... my rip and print isoftware is photopaint 10

J Hill Designs

if there are drop shades, etc being used, then exporting full size at 300dpi may just be making the raster portions that big...

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Oh...maybe you mean PhotoPRINT. I was wondering how Photopaint could even RIP a file....lol

discountdecals

yes sorry photoprint... lol tiff preview is off but still over 200mb.. mad, I've added the screenshot of image

Attachments

• honda screenshot.jpg
    honda screenshot.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 162

J Hill Designs

200mb aint bad - it probably is all of the grradients, transparencies, etc just being rasterized at 300dpi

150dpi should be fine...

discountdecals

still the same - 150dpi the eps is 258mb, is there a simple way to combine all of the gradients etc as 1?
Thanks again for your help

Tony McD

Special effects like transparency, dropshadows, etc...can greatly increase file size, and sometimes do strange things when printing.

My get around would be to select all of the cut lines, cut it to the clipboard, and save the print part
of the file as a 150 dpi jpg.
Open a new page, bring in the jpg image, and paste the cut lines into this page.
Will probably need to center the cut line over your image. This should make your file much smaller.
Might be worth a try.