• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Graphic Suite X7 help

blufftonsignguy

I am having a problem attempting to make fonts larger. the largest I can make them is 3,000 pt (which isn't that large). It seems the only way I can make it any larger is to convert the font/word to curves. It this normal or is there a setting somewhere I am missing?

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Font limitations, I would guess. Illustrator does the same thing.
Then again, I do my design work in inches, not points, so I'm not really sure. Never had a font not be able to be scaled in either CorelDraw or Illustrator when using inches- but maybe I just haven't come across one.

neato

Agreed.

The easiest way is to do your work in scale, then output the final at full size. This is when you convert to curves.

blufftonsignguy

I usually do mine in inches also. After having the problem I switched to points to see if that would change anything. It stays the same. It expands to 41 inches and thats it. I converted it to curves and was able to make it bigger. It would seem to me you wouldn't have to convert it to curves to make it larger than 41" or 3,000 pts.

Font limitations, I would guess. Illustrator does the same thing.
Then again, I do my design work in inches, not points, so I'm not really sure. Never had a font not be able to be scaled in either CorelDraw or Illustrator when using inches- but maybe I just haven't come across one.