• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help corel images corrupt in versaworks

Angie936

Im using Corel 20, totally new to this program....I can load any jpeg to versaworks and it fine, but when I put the same file in corel.....draw a boundary line, color it the contour color(magenta)....export to either .eps or pdf it says they are corrupt....been at it all day....cant figure it out....is there a setting im missing or just plain doing it wrong?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Have you tried rebooting Versaworks? Every now and then it will get to a point where it says every file is corrupted until you reboot.

Angie936

Yes, I totally rebooted....ive uninstalled and reinstalled both versa & Corel. Same issue..... let me tell you step by step what im doing....maybe im missing something. I import a jpeg file from my desktop.....click quick trace....right click on versa works magenta....(turns trace magenta color)....export in eps file... Ive also tried to export in pdf. Thats literally everything im doing....WHAT AM I MISSING?

The original jpeg will load to versa works.....something in corel is messing it up.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Are you deleting all the inside objects after quick tracing? Are you quick tracing just to get a cut line?
Are you ending up with a huge file when exporting? Either way, I agree this is strange.
If you'd like to try emailing me one of the files I can try loading it in Versaworks and see what happens.
pat at signcraftdisplay dot com

LUV DEM TIGERS

I have had an issue when I do a contour line that it doesn't read it as anything in particular and it causes the corrupt file issue. When you click on that line and click on the pen tool it will show it as either being "no color" or something, I can't remember and I don't have my software in front of me. But click on that line and click on the pen tool and see what Corel really thinks that line is.