• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel import pdf issue

w2csa

When I try to import a this pdf file into Corel it doesn't look like it does when I open it with the Adobe viewer.
In the attached image, the top image is what I get when import, I can ugroup and move things around.
The image below is what I get from The Adobe viewer.
The only way I was able to finally get bottom correct version into Corel was to select "Copy" in the Adobe viewer ad then paste as a bitmap in Corel.
The attached image is a bitmap because the original pdf Is too large.
An thoughts ?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    231.3 KB · Views: 172

J Hill Designs

probably created in illustrator - transparencies never import properly -- if you dont need to change anything, open it in photoshop and export as an appropriate sized jpg.

if you do, you will need to rebuild the tranparency overlay in corel -- it looks like the base images import correctly, just not the transparency.

w2csa

Thanks Jill,
I don't have Photoshop but the copy/paste worked.
Usuallywhen this happens I can open in adobe viewer and the save from Adobe and that does It.
Not this time though...

Posterboy

Which one is correct? The top or the bottom?

When I have trouble with pdf's there are a couple of things I try.

1st I would make sure I was importing, and presetting the file type to pdf. Sometimes drag and drop doesnt work.
2nd I would use "save as" to convert it to an eps then import that.
3rd PDF Viewer Pro has some cool tools, there is a transparency flattener, which also converts fonts as a side benefit, and a pre press function. Both of which can get rid of transparencies.
4th Use "save as" to convert to a jpg. That gives you the option to play around with the dpi to get a better transfer than the cut paste method you mentioned.
5th If you must cut and paste, before you hit control c zoom all the way in as the computer captures the image at screen resolution ie 72dpi, so if you are zoomed into 1000%, your result will be better.

Hope that helps.

w2csa

The top one is what I get when I import it into Corel or Flexi.
The bottom one is what it should like.
I had a similar problem the other day with a customer that sent me a file made in Microsoft word then saved as PDF.
That was fun but I was able to get the issue solved by having an associate import in Photoshop.

niksagkram

In Corel, try edit/paste special and chose "Picture (enhanced Metafile)" I use that quite often going from Illy to Corel. Doesn't always retain transparencies but comes in as a vector so should be easy to recreate.

Mark

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
PDFs are such a mine field for CorelDRAW. The latest version can deal with them a little better since X7 has more transparency features, such as varying transparency levels on gradient stops.

PDFs with Illustrator editing capabilities left intact will work better, but still not perfectly. PDFs output without Illustrator editing preserved will have more harmful things done to them to shrink file sizes. Those won't even open into Illustrator without various problems.

Sometimes I just have to print PDF files as is from Roland VersaWorks or rasterize them into TIFF images if they won't even open in VersaWorks correctly.