• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel limits print/cut to 9.84' or 300cm

Elaborate

How can I cut vinyl lettering out of corel greater than 9.84'? If the sign was standard lettering I would try to seperate it but I have a 16' sign that is reverse cut (sign backer shows through for lettering) so I cannot seperate it. We started cutting directly from Corel because of problems with Sign Go software it was going back and making a cut through large files and it seemed like Corel was doing a fine job of cutting. So help either way would be great.

Either how to raise the limits with X4

or

How to correct the cutting problem in Sign Go

Thanks!

Last edited:

Bigdawg

Just Me
I've cut over 30 feet on my Master's... unless he's screwed up a setting somewhere it should be fine...

But OP... the cut through when using sign-go probably IS the printer... we had problems with arbitrary cuts through large graphics - mostly when they were complex.

Elaborate

I do not believe it is Corel causing the size limits! I think I may be your plotter!

You are right it is not Corel. It looks great in Corel. The DeSay driver for SignGo is the problem and no other driver seems to work. We are cutting right out of Corel so is it possible to use a different driver?:help

Elaborate

I've cut over 30 feet on my Master's... unless he's screwed up a setting somewhere it should be fine...

But OP... the cut through when using sign-go probably IS the printer... we had problems with arbitrary cuts through large graphics - mostly when they were complex.

What did you do about the cut through problem? Also, can I ask what driver you are using?

Bigdawg

Just Me
I had easy sign from DeSay and cut through it. My designs were done in Illustrator.

The long cuts are a PITA... with little to no rhyme or reason. One of the HUGE drawbacks to the Master's cutter... we never found a real work-around other than to keep the files as simple as possible and only have what we were cutting on the page.

OldPaint

I have a 16' sign that is reverse cut (sign backer shows through for lettering) so I cannot seperate it.
you have to seperate at either 8 FOOT OR 10 FOOT....i know of no substrate that is 16 FEET LONG.
BESIDES THAT.............your gona handle A 16 FOOT chunk a viny???????? thats silly.
i would do this one word at a time...............6-8 foot at most...........
where it is spliced i dont think it would make a hill a beans.....to have it spliced.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
"i know of no substrate that is 16 FEET LONG."

OP they don't have any backlit Panaflex signs down in Florida?
We have them here on Guam and I have done a few with full coverage no splice vinyl more than 16' long.

wayne k
guam usa

Techman

you have to seperate at either 8 FOOT OR 10 FOOT
HUH?

your gona handle A 16 FOOT chunk a viny???????? thats silly.
why would it be illy. If thats what the job calls for?

Ive done more than a few panels in excess of 12 feet. Some were reverse cut trans. All cut out of corel draw using cocut pro. Getting lex substrates longer than 12 ft is no problem. In fact I got a roll of 16 x 8 lexan from Reece..