• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel to PDF help needed

evader

I've got a banner that I designed in Corel Draw 13 that is 244" x 32" and when I send the file to my printer (company that is printing it for me) they are having an issue with the file.

They can't get the corel draw file to rip properly so I sent them a pdf file but when I open the pdf it is just a blank screen. The guy that is printing it said he was able to get the file to open but part of the banner seems to be cut off.

After doing some looking online it appears that pdf can only open things that are 200" or smaller?

I'm at a lose as to how I'm supposed to get this over to the printers to have the banner done?

Can anyone help me out?

wildside

shrink it to quarter scale, save and send and tell them it is at quarter scale, and always send what the full size measurement should be even after saying quarter scale

wildside

save as pdf

keep in mind, when you save to pdf in corel, it uses the page size as the pdf size, so if you have just a 8 x 11 page in the file it clips and saves just what is on the page

Mark S. Adams

I've got a banner that I designed in Corel Draw 13 that is 244" x 32"

Reduce the Corel file by 50% - 122" x 16", then resave it as a PDF file for your printer. Tell them to re-size the file by 200% (back to the original size) and then print.

Mark S. Adams

evader

Thanks for the help everyone...reducing the size and having the printer resize before printing works perfect.

Really appreciate all your help. thanks

Morph1

Print all
or just export it to a jpg. what do they need the vector for anyway?

lol I'm with you bro.... never send vector files of your artwork/work to someone else's printer. ,
and I can't stand PDF format..... PDF's = pedifiles that's what we call'em in AB:ROFLMAO: