• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel users..EPS Export?

Hi everyone,
Here's a new thing that never happened before...

I have to convert all my text to curves before the contour cut line will show up in Wasatch.
Usually I can just take the fill out of text, apply the contour cut and export as an EPS. When I export I have the box checked to "Text to curves".

It might not be Corel doing this..it could be something in Wasatch but I swear this just started happening today.

I recently upgraded my computer to a Dell 8700 16Gig RAM 2TB HD running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
The only programs loaded on it for now are Wasatch 7.0 and Corel X6.
I've been running with this for a month now with no issues and I haven't changed anything so for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Here are my export setting s in Corel..maybe I have something that isn't correct.
Any ideas are appreciated.

Screenshot.jpg

Thanks

graphicwarning

I'm not sure about the wasatch settings, but here is my EPS settings, that I use for Versaworks (and recognizes CutContour).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 4.47.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-30 at 4.47.47 PM.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Just for kicks and giggles I tried the other settings and it didn't make a difference. I think it's a Wasatch issue.
I love getting newer faster computers and software but it seems that there's always something that causes a hiccup. Oh well it's not the end of the world. I'll just make a copy and convert then export 'til I get it figured out.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I think I've had this problem before and you have to have your spot color "cutpath" in the right color pallet. You can't create one with the same name or import one from a previous version, at least I couldn't get it to work. I have attached the Wasatch instructions for Corel. Hope this helps.

Wasatch PDF

cutpath.jpg

Thanks Jester, I haven't seen that particular PDF before.

I seem to only have issues with text. I have to manually convert text to curves in Corel before I export, my cutpath is working fine that way, but if I just type something out, take the fill off, apply the cutpath then export as EPS it won't work. I'm wondering if the exporter isn't converting the text to curves after all even thought the box is checked. ??? Weird!