• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Vector Art

Steve C.

Some times I have to get away from fonts. A little vector project
to clear my mind. All Vector in Corel X6.

Attachments

• 52pontiac800.jpg
    52pontiac800.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 309

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Lovely! My only suggestion is that shadows aren't exactly solid black. They are generally a really dark shade of the ground with some reflected color from the material that is causing the shadow. The black shadow works though. Keep up the good work.

Steve C.

Lovely! My only suggestion is that shadows aren't exactly solid black. They are generally a really dark shade of the ground with some reflected color from the material that is causing the shadow. The black shadow works though. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the input, I agree. Just finished it up last night and tried several different backgrounds
with various shadows. I will probably tweak this quite a bit yet.

vid

Very impressive! I've been staring at it for the past 30 minutes trying to figure out your working method. There's some mighty nice gradations and attention to details that have me scratching my head.
I'm an Illustrator guy. So, I'm trying to figure the crossover names of the tools you used in CorelDraw to build your art.​

attachment.php

1. Is that a transparency in the tint of the window --- it's a "lens" effect in Corel?
  2. Is that a blend gradation? ...and I love the subtle shift in color between the door and the fender, as well as the way you handled the door edges.
  3. I love this part, too. ...and the way the shift in tones defines the curves of the metal in a bajillion different directions.
  4. ...and this part, too, is sweet. I see quite a bit of stuff going on here with the definition of the hood edge, the highlight on the fender, the gradation on the hood... top of fender. It's really nice stuff. But, I can't help wonder how complex it got illustrating that part.
  5. All the chrome is nice, but this part doesn't look like a typical gradation. ...or is it?

annnnnnnnyway, thanks for sharing!

Attachments

• 101SteveC_Pontiac.jpg
    101SteveC_Pontiac.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 303

Steve C.

Very impressive! I've been staring at it for the past 30 minutes trying to figure out your working method. There's some mighty nice gradations and attention to details that have me scratching my head.
I'm an Illustrator guy. So, I'm trying to figure the crossover names of the tools you used in CorelDraw to build your art.​

attachment.php

1. Is that a transparency in the tint of the window --- it's a "lens" effect in Corel?
  2. Is that a blend gradation? ...and I love the subtle shift in color between the door and the fender, as well as the way you handled the door edges.
  3. I love this part, too. ...and the way the shift in tones defines the curves of the metal in a bajillion different directions.
  4. ...and this part, too, is sweet. I see quite a bit of stuff going on here with the definition of the hood edge, the highlight on the fender, the gradation on the hood... top of fender. It's really nice stuff. But, I can't help wonder how complex it got illustrating that part.
  5. All the chrome is nice, but this part doesn't look like a typical gradation. ...or is it?

annnnnnnnyway, thanks for sharing!

Thanks vid, so glad you like it.
That is a transparency. And it is called a Transparency tool in Corel.
Yes, almost every vector has a separate gradient. Some have a gradient and
transparency for compound shades. Also used radial and conical gradients in places.
Maybe later I'll post some close ups and wireframe views.

vid

Thanks for the reply. Would love to see the wireframe.

I'll scour the internet for tutorials on illustrations like this every once in a while. It's usually a search for tips and tricks to speed up my workflow. Most have been good, but everyone has their own way of pulling this stuff off. So I find it interesting to try and figure each approach.

You've got an elegance in what looks like some fairly simple builds of gradations that I'll tend to overwork.

I've got an old Nova I need to illustrate in the coming weeks. I'm looking forward to working on the project, but at the same time I know there are parts that I'm going to dread --- those are the parts that it looks like you've got figured out - LOL.

Steve C.

A few wireframes and close-ups along with the photo I used.
Also a couple of other projects from the past.

Attachments

• 52pc1.JPG
    52pc1.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 52pc2.JPG
    52pc2.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 52pc3.JPG
    52pc3.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 301
  • 52pc4.JPG
    52pc4.JPG