• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel x19 delete outside objects after powerclip

autoexebat

I have a designer that works with me and I do designs as well , issues is I use the powerclip a LOT , but my computer is dead slow due to the objects
Corel-Help-1.jpg
Corel-Help-2.jpg
im power clipping. I knew Flexi has this option but does Corel?

JakeC-Lytle

I have a designer that works with me and I do designs as well , issues is I use the powerclip a LOT , but my computer is dead slow due to the objects View attachment 133701 View attachment 133702 im power clipping. I knew Flexi has this option but does Corel?

Never really tried what you're attempting with powerclip, but I may have a work around. Use your powerclip shape and grab your contour tool. Drag a contour out past all of your graphics. Then break apart the contour and combine it with the original shape. Make sure your splatter graphics are all grouped together. Then (depending on your layering) use your shaping and do Back Minus Front or Front Minus Back. Then break apart your original path and delete your contour. Everything should be cut to shape now.

Still looking for an easier method, let me know if that works.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Are you trying to create a bleed on a powerclip? I use a macro for this. Basically does what JakeC-Lytle describes above in one shot.

JakeC-Lytle

Are you trying to create a bleed on a powerclip? I use a macro for this. Basically does what JakeC-Lytle describes above in one shot.

I think he's trying to reduce the amount of "splatter" rendering that is slowing up his computer when he goes to edit the contents of the powerclip by removing the excess graphics.

On a side note, I would LOVE to have that macro. Working on x8, I haven't found many useful sites. I know how to manually make a bleed, but a one click solution would make my print guy owe me a life debt.

unclebun

Best would be to stop using splatter graphics! I am so sick of them and feel like their time is gone.

But one thing you could do is export the powerclip as an eps, then when you import it, it will no longer be a powerclip, but a group of the objects with the inside graphics all trimmed off. If you need to have a bleed to print, make that first before you export because there will no longer be an excess graphic to fill the bleed if you make it later.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
After taking another look at my macro I see that it was still in the design stage and not quite ready. I didn't have a real need for it at the time I was messing with it so it got dropped. If I could see exactly what the expected outcome needs to be perhaps I could reopen the event.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Use your "SHAPING" tools to permanently remove the excess vectors you don't need.... weld, trim and intersect are your friends....

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
The "Lens" tool in CorelDRAW can accomplish what you're asking. The trick is using the "Magnify" tool with a setting of 1.0X and checking the "frozen" option. That will create a copy of the desired artwork within the clipping shape. Then you can get rid of the larger group of objects behind it. The welding and cutting tools in the most recent versions of CorelDRAW work pretty well too.

Note, this approach only works properly with objects that have flat colored fills. If the objects have gradients or any other complex stuff (such as their own power-clipped objects) then you have to stick with using the Powerclip method. This is no different than what Adobe Illustrator users have to do with clipping paths.

54warrior

Tell me about it....
I use pink for cut line and I put a .25" bleed around my cut lines. I clip the design to the bleed.

Lately, I've been doing more complex designs so I save the original layout file in vector so I have the vector art. Next, I save a new file for printing. Here, I select everything for each portion of the kit (i.e. left side, right side, hood, or front number plate, etc.) and group it, then convert it to a bitmap. Then I powerclip that bitmap to the bleed. Once you've done that for each piece, you can convert the bleed powerclips to bitmaps also.

Seems to work a bit faster, but is defintely more steps.

I was wondering if a better computer would help with this scenario???
clip.JPG
clip2.JPG