• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X5 and Windows XP????

PSG

How well does Corel X5 play with Windows XP?

I remember reading some posts right after it was released that there were some issues. Since some time has passed have updates been released to help this or is it some other issue?

Currently using X3 and would like to upgrade, however my machine is pretty old and slow. [Pentium M processor 1.73 gh, 2 gig ram (maxed)]
I know, need a new machine but unfortunately is not in the cards at the moment.

Thanks!

Ken

I've just started using X5 with XP(service pack 3) and it seems to work well ...so far.
Ken

binki

+1 with Jill on loading. It also takes time to save and do most other things. Otherwise it works ok.

Dave Rowland

i have 4-5 similar XP computers running both X3 and X5. If anything, we are using X3, mainly due to the stability of crash-to-desktop with X5, it's just not trust worthy when working with large files.
I am starting to think it is the operating system, comments from my colleagues who may have it on their computer elsewhere have been positive.
I am running the latest service packs on all... but so far, colour is improvement but X3 feels faster then X5.

PSG

:thankyou::thankyou::thankyou:

Awesome! Thanks so much for the feedback everyone, exactly what I need know.

Dave - that's a good work around idea for using X5 and X3, because I do work with large digital files periodically, hadn't thought of that. :doh:

It is the improved color handling that I was looking to improve mainly, but also more file compatibility with Illustrator.