• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X5 on Windows 8 64 bit, no twain support?

binki

I had to replace a computer and now with Windows 8, Corel X5 won't scan. The menu option isn't even available.

Are there any fixes for this? I downloaded the latest patches and still nothing.

round man

windows twain support ended with xp,.....they use wia(windows imaging architecture)now
you need to check your scanner support to see if 64 bit drivers are available for download and or buy a new scanner that is win 7/8 wia compliant

binki

I downloaded the drivers for windows 8 x64 but no dice so far.

it is a canon mx870 series.

OldPaint

i had the same problem with WINDOWS 7...........i have a canon u56u, scanner.....THERE IS NO UPDATED DRIVER FOR A LOT OF OLDER SCANNERS.

Stefan

Many times it's possible to find custom drivers, or 'hack' an existing driver to make it work with newer OS, just search around (just did that with our old Epson Stylus 3200 to make it work with Win 7 64 bit, and it works just fine).

Or, give Vuescan a shot:

"VueScan is an easy-to-use replacement for the software that came with your scanner and supports most flatbed scanners, printer/scanners and film scanners."

http://www.hamrick.com/