• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X6 - Can't click on the font I want

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I have worked around this problem long enough, there has to be a fix. When I click on a font, especially a Bold or Bold Italic font, it won't change my text. To use Arial as example, it will only let me click on regular Arial. Then I can click on Bold or Bold Italic on the toolbar. That's fine, but if I want Arial Black, I have to save my file back to a X5 and change it there.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I can also change it through the edit text docker. One thing worth mentioning is I have way too many fonts installed on my computer. Not sure if that's related or not.

Andy D

Fonts used to be so easy before Windows 7, if they were installed in your
Windows font folder, you had them, end of story...
Now though you can hide them as explained here
And I think they need to be assigned to programs, but I'm not sure.
I used to be so tech savy but I guess I'm getting to the age that sh*t needs to be explained to me..
Good luck, I feel your frustration.

jp designs

What I do is type out my text then click on the pick tool (your text should still be selected).
Then go to the font drop-down in the toolbar at the top of the page and you can hover over each font. It will change your text as you go down the list.
Fonts that have options such as bold, condensed, etc. will have an arrow to the right for a fly-out showing those options (which will also adjust your text accordingly when you hover over each).
Once you find the font you'd like to use, simply click it and your text should now be changed.

You can also do it with the text tool icon still selected if you don't want to click the pick tool.
Type your text. Then left click and drag over all the text you'd like changed (it will become highlighted in blue).
Then go to the font drop-down at the top of the page and the steps are the same as above.