• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X6 Contour Docker

Morph1

Print all
Hi there,

I had been using corel draw since version 3 , I love the vector software and I am pleased with the progress the software has made all the way to 64 bit version of X6....
There are great new things about x6 and of course the stability had been a big improvement....,
However there is one thing that really irritates me and I wish I could revert to the contour docker as in corel x3/x4/x5 the x6 has changed the contour docker and honestly saying I hate it...
Is there a way by chance to switch to the old contour docker in X6 ??

any thought would be appreciated.

thanks,

Andrew.

Morph1

Print all
simply I prefer the inside / outside / to center as text not as an Icon ,I have a hard time memorizing which icon is which....,
Also the spinner does not retain the value I assign 0.25" offset assign outline
now I pick another object and the spinner resets to 1.25" default set ....
the old spinner would remain at 0.25" until you actually change the value...
It is annoying when you have a fast work flow and you gotta re-assign a spinner number with a new value each time you wanna edit different objects..

Example logo and text 2 separate pieces I want them both at 0.25" I hit the text assign 0.25" contour outside now I click on the logo and the damn spinner resets to 1.25" it's very annoying it also resets the outside inside command lol

COREL !!! FIX IT !!!!

CanuckSigns

Yes I feel you! We upgraded to x6 when it came out, but we have since reverted to x4 due to many issues, this being one of them. We have a client that we do laser cutting for and we apply a inside 0.01" contour on every one of his files, having to type in the contour amount every time got very old very fast, especially on 100+ page files!

Another issue we were having was that even when we downsaved to X4, we couldn't open the file in X4 on our production machines.

Morph1

Print all
too bad,

I just messed around with the regedit , I am able to set it so it loads by default contour outside, but the spinner value always resets...
I can set the default value in regedit aswell to whatever value I want now but the problem is , it always resets to default lol kind of pissoff....

other than that I think this is a very solid draw release... I worked on it for about a month now everyday and it handles better than other versions, especially large files / wraps ect....

THere is also an export to jpg fix I got off the net so it does not take that long to convert to JPG....,

Terremoto

I think if you update X6 to X6.1 you'll eliminate the problem of the offset reverting to a default. After the update it should remember your last used offset.

Dan

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Hi there,

I had been using corel draw since version 3 , I love the vector software and I am pleased with the progress the software has made all the way to 64 bit version of X6....
There are great new things about x6 and of course the stability had been a big improvement....,
However there is one thing that really irritates me and I wish I could revert to the contour docker as in corel x3/x4/x5 the x6 has changed the contour docker and honestly saying I hate it....

The only functional difference I can see is that in 6 you don't appear to have control over both end colors in a gradient filled contour, it always seems to go from your chosen fill color to black. If you want something different you have to separate the contour and then specify the fill. Then, of course, once separated never rejoined to if you want to diddle some other aspect of the contour you have to recreate it. This must be an oversight.