• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X6 - Strange Font Behavior after barrage of Windows Updates

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I just started having some headaches lately with font behavior in CorelDRAW X6. I'm sure this has to do with a slew of Windows updates from Microsoft. They obviously did something that is affecting CDR X6. My office PC is running Win 8.1 Pro.

The problem: on screen rendering of type is kind of wacky when text is being typed, selected, edited, etc. Sometimes only the upper half of the font renders on screen. On top of that it is rendering some OpenType options unavailable in both the drop down options when text is selected or in the character palette. There is nothing wrong with any of the fonts; they work properly in Adobe Illustrator CC. I don't seem to be having any type issues with my copy of Corel X7 running on my personal notebook either (it runs Win 7 Ultimate).

Has anyone else using CDR X6 noticed this odd type behavior? Better yet, does anyone know which specific Windows update thingie is causing this nonsense. I'd love to uninstall that specific one.