• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X7 adds .03" to pdf size

JoySigns

Anyone else having issues with this when creating a pdf? It adds .03" to the image. Is there a setting I need to change?

J Hill Designs

so page size comes out at 8.53x11.03?

or the actual graphic inside the pdf changes? If its this, it is probably converting strokes to objects, and the added size is the outside of the stroke, not the line that was stroked

when a line is stroked, the dimension doesnt change even though the outside of the stroke will have a larger dimension than the object itself

TXFB.INS

No, a 8" x 10" box becomes 8.03" x 10.03". Even if I create a box with no outline, fill only.

+1

we are running X5 and it does the same think with us. does nothing to the graphics just adds .03 to the out most edge

EDIT: when we import into X5 from X7 it has the .03 added. a new file has nothing added
X7 does it on all files created

Techman

a PDF export includes the workspace. If the graphic is 8x10 and the work space is slightly bigger it will be import back with the bigger size

JoySigns

Good grief, why do keep asking about the size of the workspace? The workspace is whatever size I create it to to fit the design! I repeat 8" x 10" shape without an outline and fitting within an 8" x 10" workspace) becomes 8.03" x 10.03". It is doing this only in X7, never did it in X3.

Techman

Because in order to give you the correct answer I need to know how your file is set up.. There are a few settings that make a difference..

But since you do not like the questions in trying to give you an answer you can figure it out yourself. You can forget getting anything from me.
Have a good day..

JoySigns

MY apologies Techman. It's that kind of day. I create a workspace to fit the particular design. It may be 36" x 36" workspace, the design is ALWAYS within that space. When I create a pdf it becomes 36.03" x 36.03". If the workspace is 10' x 4' it becomes 10.03' x 4.03'. I don't know what else to say.

mfatty500

Good grief, why do keep asking about the size of the workspace? The workspace is whatever size I create it to to fit the design! I repeat 8" x 10" shape without an outline and fitting within an 8" x 10" workspace) becomes 8.03" x 10.03". It is doing this only in X7, never did it in X3.

attachment.php

Attachments

• what difference.jpg
    what difference.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 149
Last edited by a moderator:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nothing to do with Corel... or a larger box, but for a long time, in Illy, everything I made, would become a slightfraction smaller. We couldn't figure out why. Finally, it was some odd setting in preferences that had been mysteriously changed. This was on my station only. I know, I never did it, but what conclusion we came to was that by..... hitting certain shortcut key combinations to do various tasks in the software, evidently a wrong one must've been hit and it changed something upon saving a file. Perhaps yours is doing the samething, but in reverse.

Billct2

I had a similar experience to Gino's. You could try resetting Corel to default (hold F8 down while starting Corel)

Stormyj

Just another guy
When you export, set your bleed to 0 or uncheck it? Know it sounds silly, but tried it on my corel 7 and I saw the same results.

JoySigns

The bleed limit was unchecked. When I checked it and set it to 0 it now adds .04" to both measurements!

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
What is the build number of the CorelDRAW X7 installation? Is the latest one (17.4.0.887)?

Generally I make my page size larger than the artwork bleed if the layout is full bleed and will be cut to size.

I've been having all sorts of headaches trading artwork back and forth with my X7 installation at home and my X6 installation at work. Version X7 just doesn't play very nicely with earlier versions of CorelDRAW. And it sometimes doesn't like files saved in earlier versions either. This past weekend I had a document I started on my X6 machine at work. When I tried opening the X6 document at home in X7 it crashed X7 every single time. I had been avoiding the latest X7 update, but tried installing that. It didn't make any difference. It still crashed every time. I didn't have time to go back to the office so I just had to start over from scratch. Very annoying. This is yet another thing to watch along with all the other unpredictable stuff X7 does saving down to earlier versions.