• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X7 Question

LUV DEM TIGERS

I have used Corel 12 and X4 but just upgraded to X7 and purchased a Roland Versacamm printer/cutter and am using Versaworks. For contour cutting I have to make several clicks to get to the Roland Contour Cut Color (click on the outline tool, click hairline, click color, click other, click a dropdown to choose Roland, then Versaworks and then the contour color). Is their a simple way that color could be on the desktop in a docker or something. It should be easier than what I am doing.

Stormyj

Just another guy
I'm a little confused. I have a palette with the cut contour already premade. I outline, while object is still selected, I right click cutcontour on palette and then set it to hairline. Done. Ive attached an image. The bright pink is the cutcontour while the other colors do other things.

cutcountour.jpg

LUV DEM TIGERS

Okay, this is my scenario. We are a "Monogram Shop". We are in the South and everyone monograms everything. What I do with my Roland Versacam is I will take a pattern, be it a jpeg or vector, and I will use it as my background print. I will make the person's monogram out of a truetype font and set that on top of my background print. I will then click the "X" on the color fill for the font to be transparent so the print will show up through the font, and then I have to outline the font in a hairline font and then change it to the Roland Contour Cut color. That is where it is taking me so many steps. I would like to just be able to click on the font, then click on the outline pin and when I choose hairline, it will already be my "contour cut". That would save me so many steps. I do so many of these shirts a day that if I can save a few clicks a shirt, it adds up.

Stormyj

Just another guy
Can you post a picture of an example of what you are doing. Hard to visualize it. Im pretty good at Corel so I might know a shortcut or already have a macro to do what you are asking.

LUV DEM TIGERS

Can you post a picture of an example of what you are doing. Hard to visualize it. Im pretty good at Corel so I might know a shortcut or already have a macro to do what you are asking.

Here is an example. The pink outline is thicker than a hairline just to make sure it would show up. The 3 letter monogram is a truetype font. When I send this to the printer, the background will print and then the pink will cut. I then weed it, laminate it and heat press it on a shirt.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Test Pattern.jpg
    Test Pattern.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 169

J Hill Designs

ok with nothing selected, hit the T for typing -- then set the path attributes -- it should say 'apply to artistic and/or paragraph text' with checkboxes for each. set the color, reapply to artistic, set width, apply to artistic'

now everytime you type with the T button it will be how you set it

LUV DEM TIGERS

ok with nothing selected, hit the T for typing -- then set the path attributes -- it should say 'apply to artistic and/or paragraph text' with checkboxes for each. set the color, reapply to artistic, set width, apply to artistic'

I will try that when I get back in front of the computer that has X7 on it and the Roland printer. Thanks a lot.

Stormyj

Just another guy

This must be within Versaworks. I do all my work in Coreldraw. If it was me, I would just powerclip the jpg into the text and then set the test outline to hairline and spot color for cutcontour. Less ink, less mess. Easy peasy puddin and pie.
Heres a video

[video=youtube;Q6PAOUNkkE8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6PAOUNkkE8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

J Hill Designs

this is all within corel, so he doesn't have to fuss with the outline each time - its just auto set that the type tool will have the correct no fill and cutcontour stroke to begin with

LUV DEM TIGERS

This must be within Versaworks. I do all my work in Coreldraw. If it was me, I would just powerclip the jpg into the text and then set the test outline to hairline and spot color for cutcontour. Less ink, less mess. Easy peasy puddin and pie.
Heres a video
https://youtu.be/Q6PAOUNkkE8

I am going to start doing a contour around my cut, and powerclip the jpeg into the contour to cut down on ink. I figured that out yesterday but just for showing I showed the jpeg behind the contour cut.