• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X8s AI and EPS wont work!!

Versus

Graphics
Hi all

i am having extremly annoying issues with CD X8. whenever i save a AI or EPS (or PDF for that matter) it tells me this when trying to open i AI "acrobat pdf file format is having difficulties. expected a dict".
I have spoken to the support and they seem to know nothing. First i thought it was because i just downloaded the Trial and activated that. then i downloaded it via. the mail i got when i bought it and its the same crap. It wont open in VersaWorks either.

The really weird part is that it worked earlier today and it still works fine on my old workstation. I got this computer yesterday.
Its so damn weird.

has anyone else tried this?
i think im gonna try and install the 32 bit version, thats the last thing i can think of.

Its AI illu. CC. and it has worked earlier and still works when i save stuff on the other computer that has CDx8 on it, as stated earlier.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Usually that message appears when the file has some kind of damage to it, like if it was written to a disc drive with bad sectors on it or something. Does this error appear regardless of what elements Corel X8 is saving in the .AI, .EPS or .PDF files? Does the error appear when exporting .AI, .EPS or .PDF files to different disc drives or removable media (USB flash drives, external hard discs)?

Versus

Graphics
thanks for your replys.
i have tried both exporting and saving as AI, eps and pdf.
I also tried doing it to the SSD drive and the HDD, same thing... Its so frustrating and what is even more weird is that i now tried installing the 32 bit version. this can actually save in eps, ai and pdf but when i work in the 64bit and then open in the 32 bit, som outline colors seem to change. But, its a way to get the job done i guess. its just way more time consuming that it should be.
-i dont use the 32 bit to make the files because the macros i use alot does not work in the 32 bit version.

timgo

Graphics Designer
coreldraw,

Hi all

i am having extremly annoying issues with CD X8. whenever i save a AI or EPS (or PDF for that matter) it tells me this when trying to open i AI "acrobat pdf file format is having difficulties. expected a dict".
I have spoken to the support and they seem to know nothing. First i thought it was because i just downloaded the Trial and activated that. then i downloaded it via. the mail i got when i bought it and its the same crap. It wont open in VersaWorks either.

The really weird part is that it worked earlier today and it still works fine on my old workstation. I got this computer yesterday.
Its so damn weird.

has anyone else tried this?
i think im gonna try and install the 32 bit version, thats the last thing i can think of.

Its AI illu. CC. and it has worked earlier and still works when i save stuff on the other computer that has CDx8 on it, as stated earlier.

Use cadlink SignLab for VersaWork or SignLab Print and cut. Version 10 of this program is available in 32 and 64 bit.

u can import all your corel files to this program.

Download 30 days trial version from cadlink site.

Reymond have and sell the used software for low price, with dongle, for the Versawork.
Please contact Reymond timotyen@yahoo.com if you would like to place an order for it.

Versus

Graphics
SignLab would just be one more program to run through. thanks but no thanks.
Corel Should just be working. Hoping for a solution.

visual800

Is it possible for you to do all work and save a cdr version for your personal files but only export to eps or ai for others? im an illustrator guy myself but I can t figure for the life of my why it would corrupt its own files

I do know when choosing ai in illy I can save older versions back but that should be uncalled for and just another step you shouldnt take

Versus

Graphics
the thing is that i work in CDR and my collegue works in Illustrator. so i always save my CDR files on my computer but the AI and eps are either for the Roland printer or my collegue.
Corel support is to zero help and its a pain to do all these extra things. especially when the oder version and the X8 i got on the old workstation has never been this buggy.

-i did try saving in cs3, 4, 5, 6 and non helped.

printhog

Good luck calling tech suppport, ive been down for days waiting for those idiots to fix a licensing issue after windows update reset my pc.. As for pdf,eps, ai files, when corel exports it relies on Ghostscript to do so. Ghostscript should have installed automatically but sometimes it can get wonky. you can find it in the Advanced install options.. enable the option and let it install. should resolve the issue..

as a work around to weird eps/ai export issues, I set up a post script printer in windows with default settings. then in corel I export a tif file to trigger the tif>eps converter in Ghostscript.. YES i said *.tif - a raster file - (dont ask me why, but it has been this way on all corel since day one). the resolution you set in the tif export dialogue will become the resolution of your eps and ai exports afterward. This seems to be a sticky function in Corels exporter. next export the same file as .eps. it should resolve at the desired resolution. Now try .ai and .pdf - once you have one you'll have all..

Versus

Graphics
holy crap the work around sounds time consuming on a daily bases when i do it 20-30 times a day sometimes.

I use the 32 bit version atm. Seems to be working as it should, but it some time messes with the cutcontour from 64 bit version.

i sometimes wonder if i would have been happier if i have choosen Illustrator from the begining instead of corel....

OBS. I did try to re-install and choose the ghostscript, but no luck. im waiting on corel to answer me, i had to send them some analysis of my pc.

ams

I've been using X8 since it came out and I haven't had any issues. Did you download the newest patch? Soon as it was released there were a few major bugs, so they released a large patch and it fixed most things. Make sure you have it fully up to date, grab it from the corel website.

If your new computer doesn't have a PDF viewer or anything on it, it may help cause it, but I am betting it's in your export settings.

Versus

Graphics
i had x8 on the old computer and i works 100% i talked to the Support and they send me a download for the program, i also tried the trial version. I have pdf viewer i also have AI and i runs perfect aswell. as i said, the 32 bit version of Corel works fine, but its 32 bit!
i´ve pretty much given up, ill try the 64bit version again when theres a new update.

ams

I wonder if there are still parts of the trial version on the computer. You can try completely uninstalling all Corel versions completely and doing a fresh install. Make sure you install everything the program has to offer.

Versus

Graphics
i tried that about 3-4 times already :)
I have given up. Corel wants to do support on the computer, where they take over the desktop, but i cant take a day out of the schedule for them to mess around doing nothing, probably.

ams

i tried that about 3-4 times already :)
I have given up. Corel wants to do support on the computer, where they take over the desktop, but i cant take a day out of the schedule for them to mess around doing nothing, probably.

If it fixes it, why not? Generally share screening fixes take about an hour, never seen it take longer than that. They will review a couple of critical areas and should find a fix there.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Hi all

Let me get this straight.You export or save as AI or Eps it won't open in illy? What version of illy?

Versus

Graphics
i have tried both saving and exporting eps, ai and PFD from cs 3-6 and tried opening them in cs 5 and cs 6.

i´ll try the extended support when i have a hole in my schedule