• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CorelDraw 2018 to Chinese Laser

Stu Friesen

We recently acquired a new Chinese built laser engraver along with RDWorks Software. All our designing is done in CorelDraw 2018. Is there a way to export to laser directly from Corel without using RDWorks?
Any help is appreciated.

jimdtg

We recently acquired a new Chinese built laser engraver along with RDWorks Software. All our designing is done in CorelDraw 2018. Is there a way to export to laser directly from Corel without using RDWorks?
Any help is appreciated.

If your laser engraver has driver for Corel that you can export from Corel directly, if not you have to use RDWorks Software.

Scubadog

Yes you can, when you install rdworks you can install drivers for Corel. At least they work with Corel 16. I would suggest that you go to rdworkslab.com and check it out they have an translated English version of the RDWorks manual and some very knowledge people.

Bigfootprints

I just installed RDWorks to run a chinese built laser a few days ago. Its very simple, just create your artwork in Corel and then export as a .dxf and import into RDWorks. There may be some quirks to work out as far as what RDWorks sends to the laser (inverted/flipped files, etc.) but once those are figured out, it is very easy.

Gene@mpls

There is a new software called Lightburn which was developed [and is still being developed] in the US that is much easier than RDworks- less than $100 but if you are using the laser to make money it is worth a trial.