• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Coreldraw/Cutting Master 3

blufftonsignguy

Is anyone having issues with coreldraw connecting to cutting master 3? I am running x7 on windows 10 (running as windows 7). Two days ago when I went to cut something I had no problems. After receiving and installing a new printer (only changes made to computer), I am not able to connect to cutting master 3. I tried checking for updates, uninstalling and re-installing. It still will not connect. I have also tried turning off the plotter, restarting the computer, and even powering it down and starting back up. no changes! Anyone?

mfatty500

What plotter? Maybe you need a firmware update on your plotter? I use it with no problem on a laptop that I use for mobile events

JimmyG

what port type is your plotter using? USB? uninstall printer and get Cutting Master running again. sounds like printer install over rode preferences somewhere.

blufftonsignguy

what port type is your plotter using? USB? uninstall printer and get Cutting Master running again. sounds like printer install over rode preferences somewhere.
I am running in through a usb port. I was thinking the same thing that the printer may have taken over some preferences somewhere. But it doesnt really make sense to me as the printer isn't tied to coreldraw at all. I talked to my salesman who is very fluent in all of these machines. he told me what all to try and just short of uninstalling corel and re-installing it he said call graphtec. There is a broken link between coreldraw and cust master.

JimmyG

I see no need to mess with uninstall Corel, find the basis of your problem which probly is usb port assignments...your broken link is in Corel or your win7 printer assignments to USB ports....look thru device manager and your Corel preferences and set up proper usb ports for each device/ software....
If any thing I would remove the printer, and reinstall Cutting Master, and start over paying attention to USB output port assigns....

blufftonsignguy

I see no need to mess with uninstall Corel, find the basis of your problem which probly is usb port assignments...your broken link is in Corel or your win7 printer assignments to USB ports....look thru device manager and your Corel preferences and set up proper usb ports for each device/ software....
If any thing I would remove the printer, and reinstall Cutting Master, and start over paying attention to USB output port assigns....

It seems so far what I have found out is something in my computer is blocking the download. I had the guy who installed the printer dial into my computer last night and was not able to locate the driver for the plotter even though cuttingmaster is seeing the plotter. He went to re-install the driver for the plotter and cutting master and found that something is blocking the driver from loading. My it gut is looking into it this morning. It is crazy because we turned everything off security wise and it was still blocking it.

blufftonsignguy

I hate cutting Master through Corel, have you tried to cut without it?

I have not tried without cuttingmaster. I have not had many issues at all with cutting master through coreldraw. This is only the second time something like this has happened but I can not remember the resolution for it from the first time. Hopefully today we will have a resolution!

Pitzu

If you're trying to install drivers, you might have to disable windows driver signature enforcement. I had problems with it trying to install drivers.