• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CorelDRAW tutorial

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Forget that it's a Corel tutorial, it's a great design tutorial!

Most of these types of tutorials are in Illustrator. I'm an Illy
user myself, nice to see someone taking the time to teach
users design In Corel.

Great seeing your process.

SignManiac

Forget that it's a Corel tutorial, it's a great design tutorial!

Most of these types of tutorials are in Illustrator. I'm an Illy
user myself, nice to see someone taking the time to teach
users design In Corel.

Great seeing your process.
Have to agree wit Rick on both counts!

Treela13

Need help with my Coreldraw essentials 2.

Hello

I cant get the cut contour line to set up properly so it will work with my color choice for my Roland cj-500. But i cant seem to get to the window where i change the name of the color. I have new customers that want some decals done but i need this cut contour to work.

Joe Diaz

You will have to go to the Palette Editor. The easiest way to do this is to double click on one of the colors on the color palette you want to add the new color to. It shouldn't matter which one. Inside the Palette Editor you will see a button that says Add Color. Select that, then pick out a color. I like lime green or 0, 255, 0 but some people use a magenta color. Select OK. Select your new color then Name it "CutContour" it has to be named exactly like that. Make sure "Treat as: Spot" is selected. Then hit OK. Then all you need to do is apply that outline color to any shape you want to cut.

Joe Diaz

Oh also, when you are exporting your artwork, be sure that "Output color as:" is "Native" and "Convert spot colors to:" is unchecked.