• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coreldraw Tutoring

blufftonsignguy

I am interested in finding someone who is fluent in coreldraw that would like to do some tutoring. I know there are plenty online and coreldraw even offers it. I have one problem stumping the heck out of me and not able to find the answers I need or looking for. I am currently using X7 in windows 7. The assistance needed is in distributing objects. Please pm if you think you can help.

Thank You in advance!

2B

First lesson in CorelDraw:

Trash that ancient thing and get Adobe Illustrator.

I would be willing to place any AI user to the noted Corel users and be completely confident that the "ancient thing" can be equal if not better on the capabilities.
first comes to mind is Joe Diaz, his work with Corel aka the "ancient thing" is inspiring.

to the OP;

YouTube has a vast wealth of tutorials and are very in-depth.
if still stuck post the question here or send a PM to Joe Diaz

Sidney

My own opinion. Illustrator is really good but CorelDraw is Great! Very user friendly, not to mention you can do most designs to scale and not experience freezing/ hang ups or memory issues. I left Illustrator a while ago and love the flow and features of Draw:) You should try Corel Painter...(the artistic tools/brushes can't be beat:) Thanks, Sidney

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Post your question here.
Lots of ways to do things in Draw and lots of people here that are willing to help out.

As for Illustrator vs CorelDraw - it's good to know both if you have the time.

wayne k
guam usa

I just posted this on another thread. These tutorials are for X5 so they may not be entirely as helpful if you're working in X7, but if you work in classic mode, it should be fairly easy to translate. These are the best tutorials for the Corel beginner that you will find, in my opinion...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyTPa7xvU9U

The link will take you to the first video in the series.

blufftonsignguy

Thank you all for your response. I will not get into my program is better than yours as I think it is all in what you like and get used to. All of them have little differences here and there. This biggest problem I am having now with X7 is being able to distribute. I was trying to make a rope design inside of an oval. Well I tried following some youtube video's on how to go about it and when it got to the point of distributing, my program (could be a short between the chair and key pad) would not function the way the video was describing. He was using an older version of coreldraw. So i went and found a good design that i liked and attempted to use it. Well I didn't like the spacing between the ropes so I wanted to adjust it. I thought dropping a rope object or two and re-distributing the rest would work. Well that didn't work at all. When I was using X3 and X5 I could do this without a problem. It seems so much has changed since X5, it almost seems like a new program. Anyway I attached what I was working on. I have since decided to just use what I had and deal with it.

There are many people here that will jump in and help and that is greatly appreciated by me. I try to pass along what little information I can when I can also.

Thank you all again!!

I learned Corel while using X5, then did the upgrade to X7 and was completely lost with the newly designed interface, so now I work in classic mode and it's not too much different from X5.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
blufftonsignguy said:
This biggest problem I am having now with X7 is being able to distribute. I was trying to make a rope design inside of an oval. Well I tried following some youtube video's on how to go about it and when it got to the point of distributing, my program (could be a short between the chair and key pad) would not function the way the video was describing.

It sounds more like you need to be using the Blend tool in CorelDRAW for this kind of thing. Create an oval shape. Then create a slightly S-shaped line for the lines in the rope pattern. Make two copies of that little s-shaped line segment. Create a blend between those two line segments. Attach the blend to the oval path. You'll have to bring down the little drop down menu to make the blend rotate along the full length of the oval path. From there you can dress out the oval shape and line pattern to your liking.

The blend tool has changed a little over various versions of CorelDRAW, but it still works about the same way.

As to the CorelDRAW vs. Illustrator nonsense: both applications serve the same basic purpose and have quite a bit of "core function" overlap. However, both applications have quite a few unique features not found in their rival's application. Neither is very good at opening files generated by their rival's application either. I've been using both Illustrator and CorelDRAW since the early 1990's. If anything, I find it even more necessary than ever to have both running on my computer.

spectrum maine

corel draw is awesome

i have been using corel for 20 years, love it. the help tool answered every question i ever had. illustrator is for beret wearing mac users.

Jim Hill

I have both AI and Corel X5

I personally like Corel better then AI for the type of work I do everyday.

My son likes AI better.

I have now been using Corel for about 15 years.

Jim Hill