• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Coreldraw X-8 Not Working Correctly With Windows 10

Jim Hill

I upgraded from Corel X-5 to X-8 and it worked for a few days before I started having problems.

When I try to open the program I receive a message that say's Corel wants to get to know me better and to enter my email address and password which I did and each time the message say's the password is not correct.

I contacted Customer Support and they asked me to try changing my password which I did but that has not helped because the software still won't accept it.

The weird part is when I enter my CorelDraw account it accepts the using name and password fine.

I am using Windows 10 and my browser is Firefox. After trying a number of different fixes I finally managed to get past the screen that said they wanted to get to know me and received a message that said I now have a fully validated and authenticated program with full access to all the features of X-8 and all I had to do was click on the continue button and when I did nothing happened.

Anyone else run into this problem yet?

Jim

Split76

try to contact customer support again. I bought upgrade from x6 -> x8 and installing crashed.
Couldnt uninstall / repair or install again. 5 e-mails later tech used teamweaver for an hour and fixed it.

Jim Hill

I have been getting help from Brian Frasher at CorelDraw and I sent him my temp files and I think he may have found the problem.

I had just upgraded to Windows 10 because of Microsoft no longer providing updates for Windows 7 or 8 and as always there are problems it seems with any new windows versions.

Once I upgraded my printers needed to have the New drivers for windows 10 and at that point I realized that Corel X-5 would not work with Windows 10 so I upgraded to Corel X-8 and when I entered my email address I did it incorrectly and that was the issue that caused my problems.

I must admit I always hate to upgrade my software because that is when all kinds of crazy things start to happen to my computer.

Corel support has been very helpful and once they turned me over to the tech department they found the problem.

Jim

WildWestDesigns

I had just upgraded to Windows 10 because of Microsoft no longer providing updates for Windows 7 or 8 and as always there are problems it seems with any new windows versions.

While mainstream support for Win 7 expired back in 2015, Win 8.1 doesn't lose mainstream support until 2018. However, Win 7 doesn't go EOL until 2020 and Win 8.1 in 2023. They should still get at least security updates until they go EOL.

Another option for the future, is to go with VMs instead of upgrading totally. That will isolate the environment in question.

Sidney

I had an issue with X8 opening also. I was able to resolve it by going to the Microsoft Windows community and basically told them the errors I was receiving. I apologize but I do not have a direct link to give you, but they helped me within 24 hours:) Sidney

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
I went from X6 to X8 and I did not have any issues. It may be because I bought the upgrade second source since COrel went to X9 and no longer sells X8. I do not use their forums and rarely log onto their site.

You may want to uninstall completely and try over again. Or get telephone tech support from Corel (if it exists any more.)

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
Oops I meant that I went from Corel X6 to X8, and Corel has not released X9 yet. They still have to fix the problems with X8

Jim Hill

Wild West Designs:

Another option for the future, is to go with VMs instead of upgrading totally. That will isolate the environment in question.

Could you please explain your comment about VM's not sure what they are.

Thanks Jim

WildWestDesigns

Wild West Designs:

Could you please explain your comment about VM's not sure what they are.

Thanks Jim

VMs are Virtual Machines.

Essentially running an OS within an OS using a program like VirtualBox, VMware, Parallels, Gnome-Boxes, boches etc

You'll want to make sure that your computer is really spec'ed out to help with this type of work. This allows one to keep older software running on newer hardware. For instance, on my main office rig, I can run Win 98, Vista, Win 7 and Win 8.1. I have been known to have Linux (host) running alongside Win 7, Vista and Win 98 at the same time (I have to use Vista to run Win 98, so that is actually a VM within a VM). Only the Linux rig actually sees the outside network.

If you have software that is technically still good, but didn't make it past whatever OS version, this would be a way to still run it, if you had all the stuff to make it run.