• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help CorelDraw x4 reinstall?

No Name

Hi,
Is there something specific to do/know if I decide to reinstall CorelDraw x4 on a Windows XP computer?

Corel acts up a little and I´m hoping reinstallation might help.

-Marko

visual800

if it works like illustrator it should be fine to be reloaded. is corel acting up or is windows acting up?

I recall sometimes a call to abode for illy was necessary and let them know you are reinstalling after a format, i dont even think they care anymore since cloud came

No Name

if it works like illustrator it should be fine to be reloaded. is corel acting up or is windows acting up?

I recall sometimes a call to abode for illy was necessary and let them know you are reinstalling after a format, i dont even think they care anymore since cloud came
Well, I think it´s Corel not Windows that acts up. But how can I be sure, I don´t really know.

WildWestDesigns

Up to X5 with Corel, there was no activation required as long as you had your serial number. That didn't change until X6, so there should be no need to call to Corel about this. Unless there is something different in this situation.

In all honesty, didn't have to call Adobe as long as you deactivated your seat before the format (unless you were unable to do so). To mitigate that risk, I would always have a backup with a fresh install of programs, that way if it's just a HD failure and unable to deactivate before it crapped out, in most instances you were OK having that type of backup.

Well, I think it´s Corel not Windows that acts up. But how can I be sure, I don´t really know.

Drastic option....fresh install of XP as well.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Another good thing to do when uninstalling corel is to check the option to "Delete user data" or something to that effect. Dump all temp files, restart the pc, then install corel

No Name

I decided to use the "repair X4" alternative on the install disc. Gave it a quick look and seems like it did the trick.
We´ll see...

Last edited:

unclebun

You can't reinstall it until you've uninstalled it. If "repair" was available as an option, it hadn't been uninstalled yet.

No Name

You can't reinstall it until you've uninstalled it. If "repair" was available as an option, it hadn't been uninstalled yet.
Right.
As I mentioned, I was thinking about reinstalling. If this "repair" works I see no reason to reinstall.

No Name

Seems like the problem was in one of the colour profiles in VPM.
It was a profile that was made by the staff of the printerselling company and the profile worked fine for a long time.

Hopefully I don´t need to call them to make me a new profile.