• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Coroplast 3 panel hinging technique

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have a 3 panel 6mm coroplast sign I'm putting together. Panels are 30" high x 24" wide. They will form a 3 sided sign so they need to be attached together on the 3 sides. So, I bought some plastic hinges, I have some that are 1" long and some that are 30" long. These things are a pain to get on! And I'm not sure they will stay together. Is there something else I can do? Thank you!

shoresigns

Hinges? We would just make 3 folds with an inch or two of extra material after the third fold, apply banner tape to connect the first and last sides together.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I found out hinges are not the answer...your way seems best but now it's too late, I have them cut apart and not enough material to make new ones...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Your job, the client and basically yourself would be better off, if you got another piece of material and did it the right way. Don't worry about sacrificing $9. worth of material to fix it.

Stacey K

I like making signs
It is a last minute "rush" job and due today...I don't have another large piece of coroplast and there were some printed decals that I cannot replace today anymore. ugh...

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Measure twice, cut once.
Proper Preventative Planning Prevents Pi$$ Poor Production

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, so cut some Cor-X 30" x 6", with the flutes running up and down. Cut along the inside of one side of a flute creating a hinge and load it up with double-sided tape. Apply it to the inside corner of two pieces and make sure it bonds perfectly straight. Now proceed and do the other two corners. It's gonna look wonky, but at least it will be functional.

Next, order a new piece of Cor-X and do it the right way and give that to them for the next time.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Okay, so cut some Cor-X 30" x 6", with the flutes running up and down. Cut along the inside of one side of a flute creating a hinge and load it up with double-sided tape. Apply it to the inside corner of two pieces and make sure it bonds perfectly straight. Now proceed and do the other two corners. It's gonna look wonky, but at least it will be functional.

Next, order a new piece of Cor-X and do it the right way and give that to them for the next time.
Thank you Gino! This is exactly what I am doing right now! Thank you for the help!

Stacey K

I like making signs
Measure twice, cut once.
Proper Preventative Planning Prevents Pi$$ Poor Production
Yes it does. I was expecting the 30" panel hinges to work but I'm concerned they won't hold well enough. I thought they would finish the edges nicer than banner tape. Obviously I was over thinking such an easy task.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Update! I used carpet tape and this damn thing is STURDY as heck! I'm glad my original plan didn't work...it's heavier, sturdier and not even the Rock will get these panels apart! I finished the edges off and it looks great! 6mm coroplast with all three corners reinforced with 6" of coro on the corners. It's battle ready. Thanks everyone for your help (Gino for the idea)! Reminder...order more carpet tape!

Attachments

• IMG_1665 (002).JPG
    IMG_1665 (002).JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 499