• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Coroplast frames

elroy

Hello All and thanks to the community!
I have a customer looking for coroplast signs that will be used in the agricultural field (seed supplier). They are looking for a rigid sign double sided 3' x 5' and want it to be permanent through the growing season (Apr-Sept).
My question is: what would y'all recommend for a frame, post or stake for such a lightweight material and with such size also considering the windy conditions here in ND/MN?
Something that would accomodate a 3' x 5' coro double sided.
I would rather not build custom stakes or frames but may be able to double up on "H" stakes?

What you guys think?

Thanks a ton!

Bigdawg

Just Me
Coroplast is not really meant for permanent signs. And definitely not 4mm, you'd want to use the 10mm instead.
I would use aluminum composite with two posts and brackets.

2B

agree the 4mm is too thin / weak of material

ACM is the option we would use, installation with a 2 sided visibility is 2 T-post and use a horizontal cross bar top and bottom 1x1 wood or some aluminum angle

elroy

Coroplast is not really meant for permanent signs. And definitely not 4mm, you'd want to use the 10mm instead.
I would use aluminum composite with two posts and brackets.
Aluminum composite? Can you post an example? Definitely using 10mm.
Thanks for the input!

papabud

Lone Wolf
the main question is, what is the final look the customer wants. what level of curb appeal are they hoping to see. you could do something as simple as 2 4x4 posts and bolt a metal core product right to the posts. or you could build a nice framed box that slips over the posts with hidden mounting hardware.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Cor-X is not the right substrate, regardless what thickness you use for several reasons, you'll hafta spend a fortune building frames for that size.

You're better off making sled stands, you can do it like an assembly line deal. Cut everything to the right size, then bolt it together. You can have 10 pair done in less then a day for that size. Probably take about 2 to 3 hours to cut and maybe 4 or 5 to completely assemble and that's being generous. [By myself, I had made 6 pair for 4' x 8's in about 5 hours all total.... that's making them 8' tall and 8' long.] The signs you can have printed and mounted the next day to 6mm alumalite.

Sell your customer on doing it right.... or don't do it at all.

At that size, you either make them look like professional signs or hand him a magic marker and some paper and tell him do what he wants. Explain to him that you are a professional and cannot deal with backyard hack methods. You don't just make things work and then hope for the best. It has to be a proven product.

Johnny Best

Get some 8' green channel posts (the ones stop signs are on). Some nuts and bolts with large washers. Drive the #2 posts into the ground and attach the 3x5 coro using bolts and washers, at least #6 per side. Or as others suggest, ACM panels with posts dug in with stringers.