• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Corporate Vinyl Color For State Farm Insurance

henryz

Hello everyone, does anybody know what is the vinyl color for State Farm logo, I believe it's pms 485, I'm leaning towards 3m 3630-33 red?

Thanks in advance

Henry Z

Signchief

Unless they changed it since August the red should be either arlon 2500-33 or 3m 033. This comes directly from state farms branding dept and reflects the updated branding they implemented most recently. I doubt anyone goes out with a swatch to verify but that's what was included in the branding info supplied directly to me from corporate.

TSC1985

PMS 485 is correct. The correct vinyls are...

Gerber #220-253 *Pantone 485 / Warm Red
Oracal #326 Signal Red
Avery #Pantone 485

I was just handed the sign standards from 10/1/2014 and it says the vinyl is Arlon #2100-223 Peacock Red. I would rather use the 3M Warm read if possible but would rather not anger the statefarm gods.

Signchief

Here's a screen shot of the specs, like I said the info you have from 2014 is not current.

Attachments

• State Farm.jpg
    State Farm.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 1,234

Signchief

If your customer is planning on having State Farm reimburse for the signage I would strongly suggest getting artwork approval from corporate before proceeding because if the signage is not compliant not only will State Farm not reimburse the agent but they will make the agent redo the signage. Or just do what the agent wants and maybe you'll pick up an extra buck if they are forced to redo the signage.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If your customer is planning on having State Farm reimburse for the signage I would strongly suggest getting artwork approval from corporate before proceeding because if the signage is not compliant not only will State Farm not reimburse the agent but they will make the agent redo the signage. Or just do what the agent wants and maybe you'll pick up an extra buck if they are forced to redo the signage.

That would very much depend on whether you're contracting to make a sign or contracting to make a sign compliant with some arbitrary standard. If the former, not your problem. If the latter, be concerned.

2B

this exactly
We recently did this same song and dance with Farmer's Insurance and they were VERY EXACT on what material to use and how to layout the design as well as the MANY FORMS we had to complete just to design the sign and then had to send to them for review

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I lettered some windows for State Farm last year and they provided print ready files, then asked me to email back a proof. So I literally sent back what they sent me, they approved, and the rest is history.

TSC1985

Here's a screen shot of the specs, like I said the info you have from 2014 is not current.

Thank you for the update. Can you tell me what the paint color is for Acrylic wall letters or possibly forward the updated specs? The information from 2014 was all the my client had available to him (supposedly).