• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Corrugated metal siding

freshprints

I have a client who requested a 5’ x 10’ ACM panel and they want it mounted directly to corrugated metal siding with pole barn screws. Considering the size, should I recommend using iron angles instead?

Attachments

• 3616C108-4292-4D70-AF96-6E691A0FEEAA.jpeg
    3616C108-4292-4D70-AF96-6E691A0FEEAA.jpeg
    146 KB · Views: 126

2B

Who is installing?
Them? they request & you make as requested.

Yes, having a metal frame will give it more rigidity and a cleaner look

If it done without a frame, make sure the vertical edges are on a "rib" so it can be attached.
If you have the vertical edge over a "valley" it will cause issues

I'd stick some wood sticks with VHB in the grooves to make a flat surface for the screws, and use self drilling screws to fix everything to the metal, sandwiching the wood in the middle

Moze

Precision Sign Services
01a.jpg
I have a client who requested a 5’ x 10’ ACM panel and they want it mounted directly to corrugated metal siding with pole barn screws. Considering the size, should I recommend using iron angles instead?

I love when customers spec stuff for install. :rolleyes:

I get what they're wanting, but pole barn screws are for attaching to wood. Unless they have ultra-rare-never-heard-of wood corrugated siding, you'll want to use a self-tapping screw with a neoprene washer. As long as the surface of the building is flat, there's no need for angle or wood.

Nota very clear photo but this one was 4'x16' and was attached as noted above.....

freshprints

Thanks for all the advice guys! Yeah it was an oddly specific request. I’ve never had a customer specify what they want their sign mounted with lol.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I don't get what's odd here? People use terms interchangeably, pole barn screws vs metal building screws? Same washers, same idea, you should know what he means. Guy wants a basic flat sign screwed into the building.
Do you get thrown for a loop if some old guy calls you and says he has a butler building?