• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corrupt file in Versaworks

Sticky Signs

every now and than Versaworks won't let me open jpeg files. Gives me a "corrupt file" error. It's easily fixed be resaving in a different format but that can be a pain sometimes, especially when dealing with multiple files. I've done some research and I see that other people have this problem but I haven't found a definitive answer or solution. Anyone know anything about this?

Malkin

Sorry no answers, same occasional issue though.

Some jpgs I could copy/paste into a new window. Some still wouldn't go and I had to place it into a pdf.

Custom_Grafx

For fun once I shortened the file name, as the designer had decided to write the purchase order in the filename. It was ridiculous.

I had never seen VW throw a tantrum like that ever. Endless loop of error messages. Had to go to the input folder and manually delete after manually ending VW process.

I shortened the file name, and it was fixed. This was a Tiff I think, but from that, I'm assuming VW has a limit on filename length.

Also, 16bit tiff doesn't work either.

Not sure about your jpg problem, but it's basically something VW doesn't like in there.

Sticky Signs

Ya it's weird. I've tried changing file names and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I just wish I knew the actual reason behind the problem so I could either avoid it all together or come up with a quick and easy solution.

LarryB

every now and than Versaworks won't let me open jpeg files. Gives me a "corrupt file" error. It's easily fixed be resaving in a different format but that can be a pain sometimes, especially when dealing with multiple files. I've done some research and I see that other people have this problem but I haven't found a definitive answer or solution. Anyone know anything about this?

Open up the file in Photoshop and resave. When you get to the last jpeg option make sure progressive is unchecked.

dlndesign

Versa Crashing 4.4.3

I get that too! Yeah, its all about re-saving in another format. I had a job over 120 separate files I had set up as tiffs, none worked. I spent another hour re-saving as .eps , worked like a charm.

I've been having another issue though, and I hope someone out there knows whats going on. I load into Versa works a file, doesn't matter file type this happens to all of them, I get the file in there and once it gets in the queue, versa crashes on me. So I re-start versa, and the file is ready to be ripped, and I can print it fine. But this happens to every file.

Other than a fresh re-install from 2.61, then updates to get back to 4.4.3. Is there any other solution?

I have tried re-initializing, and got my printer to work, but still having the same file issue. I have 3 versa works, and the other one I've been using is 4.2.1, and i am not updating until I figure this out. Could it just be a glitch in the last update I performed?

niksagkram

I have the same issue. Versaworks RIPS fine for a while, but after a few files starts giving me a "corrupt file" message, even though the file was previosly printed. Restarting my computer usually fixes the problem. Does this indicate that it could be a windows problem? Maybe a memory cache or RAM issue? I never had this problem until we installed a new printer and I am now running two printers from Versaworks.
I will try posting this on the Roland site too.

Mark

ams

If you get an error for EPS or anything, save it at 50% of the size and resize in versaworks. It has about a 1 gig limit.

LUV DEM TIGERS

This may not be your issue but I have been having problems with this issue AND/OR with my cut contour not showing up in Versaworks but since I finally figured out a solution to my problem I want to shout it from the mountaintop so if others have the same problem that I am having and read this it may help them. I sometimes use clipart from the internet and I just realized that I had the problem when I ended up with a .png instead of a jpg. So my solution (and I use Coreldraw so it may differ) was to import the .png file, export it as a .jpg and then use the .jpg instead of the .png. WORKED LIKE A CHARM.

CL Visual

I used to deal with this all the time. Once I upgraded to Onyx, so many of my problems went away. The best part was no more bullshit with print and cut files not showing a cut line in versaworks. Those stupid transparency issues are non-existent in Onyx.