• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cost of General Liability Insurance

Robin Canaday

Mythic Signs Portland - General Manager / Owner
I'm finally getting ready to start up my sign company side hustle and have been shopping for the general liability insurance. I won't be doing much in-house in the beginning (just artwork, sales, project management, permit acquisition, and some small amount of vinyl graphics install/fabrication work.) I feel like the quote I got is a bit high given that I'll be subbing everything out for the first year or two and won't even have a facility or employees (and expect all of my subs will have full coverage of their own.)

They quoted me about $1260 per year for a general liability policy. It's really hard to find information online about the cost of insurance for sign companies. How much are other folks paying for their general liability policy?

Pippin Decals

I'm finally getting ready to start up my sign company side hustle and have been shopping for the general liability insurance. I won't be doing much in-house in the beginning (just artwork, sales, project management, permit acquisition, and some small amount of vinyl graphics install/fabrication work.) I feel like the quote I got is a bit high given that I'll be subbing everything out for the first year or two and won't even have a facility or employees (and expect all of my subs will have full coverage of their own.)

They quoted me about $1260 per year for a general liability policy. It's really hard to find information online about the cost of insurance for sign companies. How much are other folks paying for their general liability policy?

I think every place is going to be different. For me i am covered for my Vinyl Business and my Photography business as one policy, I have a $1 Mil coverage for my general. It covers me and if someone is working under me as a helper or a tag along etc . I pay $35 a month. If i break,damage anything im working on etc im covered 100%. I do work for myself with no employees and all my equipment is covered for anything .Did i get lucky on my policy ? I dont know . I just know im covered on all ends.Been with my insurance company for years and never filed a claim.

visual800

A local company wanted almost $3k per year for liability so I jumped online and got it for about $1200 per year same coverage. Great company and piece of mind. So you are about on the right track as far as Im concerned. I went to businessinsurancenow.com (i know that sounds corny) BUT they wrote me thru Hartford Insurance and they are very accommodating especially since everyone needs COI all the damn time

Todd Jelle

WOW, you guys get insurance cheap...we are at about $4,100. this is just our commercial liability policy, Auto is about the same again putting total insurance at about $7,500.00
it goes up each year with annual audits.
we do have bucket trucks, & do service, new installs etc
I was told I won't get it any cheaper buy our agent. I guess installations create more exposure, even though we are only 2-4 people total including office help.
I would like to see what other shops our size are forking out.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have travellers and have 2mil/4mil with garage keepers and a bunch of other coverages + 3 trucks and we are at $6200/year. Our Commercial/GL is $1800/year