• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Couple handmade signs in progress...

neato

Although I don't own a CNC machine, I wanted to try my hand at a dimensional sign. This is mostly made of exterior plywood. The "Amigo" and brush are HDU. Amigo, the brush, and Signs, were all hand cut on a scroll saw. The other letters were made with a paint mask. The rivet and screw heads are epoxy putty.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I think I'm going to make another for a 2 sided post/panel sign to put out front.

The second is just a little residential address sign I made this week. A mix of sculpting epoxy and HDU. All hand done (except for the computer generated patterns) And yes, I wanted it to look handmade and less than perfect.

Sorry about the poor pic quality, I really need to learn some photo techniques or purchase a real camera instead of using my tablet.

Attachments

• sign.png
    sign.png
    740.2 KB · Views: 142
  • Address Sign2.jpg
    Address Sign2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 126

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Nice hand job on both.
(can a guy say that to another guy here?)

They turned out nice, it must have taken some time to do them that way.

wayne k
guam usa

Judging by the precision of the Neato sign, I think it's obvious that you intentionally made the 206 sign look slightly less than perfect. Great work on both. Did you file the bevels into the numbers or cut with a chisel?

neato

Did you file the bevels into the numbers or cut with a chisel?

Neither, I cut the letter shape from 1/8" plywood on a scroll saw, then added the epoxy putter and formed it by hand. My first try at it, I'm happy with the results. The Modern Masters paint is what really made it look nice. The finish looks much better in person.

Neither, I cut the letter shape from 1/8" plywood on a scroll saw, then added the epoxy putter and formed it by hand. My first try at it, I'm happy with the results. The Modern Masters paint is what really made it look nice. The finish looks much better in person.

Oh, okay. That's an approach I didn't expect. I figured it was carved from HDU.

phototec

Hey Neato,

That's some nice handy work you got there, this is good inspiration for me as I don't have a CNC router either and have been thinking of doing something like that.

:clapping: