• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Couple jobs from this week.

Jillbeans

All hand lettered.
Third-to-last pix also feature a before and after type thing showing some old bad vinyl on a truck a client purchased, which I re-lettered with Ronan paint.
Last photos are a before-n-after of a sandblasted sign I was contracted by a friend's sign company to repaint.

Attachments

• donors.jpg
    donors.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 117
  • spt3.jpg
    spt3.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 98
  • spt4.jpg
    spt4.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 92
  • sptb4.jpg
    sptb4.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 87
  • spt5.jpg
    spt5.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF2375.jpg
    DSCF2375.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 105
  • slip.jpg
    slip.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 84
  • 0918131632.jpg
    0918131632.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 110

Craig Sjoquist

Always a pleasure to see your work, the retro work truck is spot on & seeing the before of the back end of normal vinyl job, your efforts really stand out, good going

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:thumb: Nice projects.

I wish we could get more hand-lettering jobs. No one wants to wait for the paint to dry.... :wink:

fresh

:thumb: Nice projects.

I wish we could get more hand-lettering jobs. No one wants to wait for the paint to dry.... :wink:

typical client: "What do you mean a four color painted sign takes at least a week?!? What are you guys doing over there!"

us: um, literally waiting for the paint to dry?

Last edited:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
All in all, not bad. It does look like the 'C' and the 'K' in 'TICKETS' on the camo recliner sign got away from you just a bit.

Marlene

the sandblasted sign said "welcome to" then in the re-paint, it says something else. how was that done as the background is blasted and the letters are smooth? was it a newly blasted sign? it looks nice but not sure why the river is brown unless that is the actual color of the river. the truck lettering looks very nice as do the other signs. nice work

Gino

Premium Subscriber
the sandblasted sign said "welcome to" then in the re-paint, it says something else. how was that done as the background is blasted and the letters are smooth? was it a newly blasted sign? it looks nice but not sure why the river is brown unless that is the actual color of the river. the truck lettering looks very nice as do the other signs. nice work

I would imagine on the way into town they are welcoming you and when you're leaving, it simply says..... thanks.

That happens quite a bit. Perhaps it's a Pennsylvanian thing, huh ??

As for the water color..... did you ever hear of Iron City ?? The water isn't very good around there....... :ROFLMAO:

Marlene

I would imagine on the way into town they are welcoming you and when you're leaving, it simply says..... thanks.

That happens quite a bit. Perhaps it's a Pennsylvanian thing, huh ??

well, duh, I didn't think of that

now for that brown water...now that could be a PA thing:rolleyes:

Jillbeans

Bob, I know, I was getting kind of rusty. I think I messed up on the varying slants in the script. Then I had to re-do the drunken hunter one after I found out I had made a phrasing mistake.
Luckily paint wipes off fairly easy.
:smile:
As for drying time, it usually is only a few hours.
:smile:
It's not a river, it's a "crick".
Our creeks are kind of brownish a lot of the time.
The other guy (not my friend for whom I am painting these) painted the water just plain green with a few grey rocks in it.
The signs say "Welcome To" on the fronts and "Thanks For Visiting" on the backs.
Here's a detail of the water. I first painted the rocks in kind of a tannish color then after that dried I went over them with green-tinted clear and added highlights with white-tinted clear and pure white.

Attachments

• crick.jpg
    crick.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 108

Marlene

looks good. it threw me when I saw the letters change 'cause I thought, damn, she's good she painted new copy and it looks blasted. in my defense, I am a natural blond;)