• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Couple L560 Questions

jayhawksigns

After a few days I have noticed a few things and thought I would see if anyone else has or wants to do the same things I am thinking about.

I love the touchscreen. After using the L25500 for so long its a welcome chance, though its a touchscreen. Has anyone thrown a screen protector on theirs to cut down on the finger smudges?

Updating firmware. We get a notice about updating the firmware when it boots, but when you have it check it says there isn't an update available. Checking HP site shows there is one available. We are on STORM_00_00_35.1 right now.

Needs to be some usability changes, IMO, to the printer controls. Like a cut option added to the move media screen.

And not being able to access the web interface when its sleeping?? I can understand turning off everything else in the printer, but not being able to log in and check your ink levels or whatever without waking it up?? The L25500 didn't need that.

Happy with it overall though.

Update Firmware via the internet. Turn on printer, Find Printer IP. Type IP into same network connected computer. It will bring up some menus for the printer. Update the firmware that way. Not through the panel of the printer.

After a few days I have noticed a few things and thought I would see if anyone else has or wants to do the same things I am thinking about.

I love the touchscreen. After using the L25500 for so long its a welcome chance, though its a touchscreen. Has anyone thrown a screen protector on theirs to cut down on the finger smudges?

Updating firmware. We get a notice about updating the firmware when it boots, but when you have it check it says there isn't an update available. Checking HP site shows there is one available. We are on STORM_00_00_35.1 right now.

Needs to be some usability changes, IMO, to the printer controls. Like a cut option added to the move media screen.

And not being able to access the web interface when its sleeping?? I can understand turning off everything else in the printer, but not being able to log in and check your ink levels or whatever without waking it up?? The L25500 didn't need that.

Happy with it overall though.

PM/ Conversation sent

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
We don't have that one, but we have an HP flatbed with a touchscreen and we put a piece of plastic over the screen to protect it. We change it every six months or so.