• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cover Window Mullions

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I've done lots of storefront wraps but never covered the mullions and I'm wondering if it's possible.

I'm drawing up a layout using a logo that the customer wants spanned over 4 windows. I usually try to break words up where the mullions hit, but it may not be possible to alter the logo that much. Has anyone wrapped the mullions or would that be dumb?

Bly

We've done it a few times.
Of course it's a lot of extra work but can look tidy if done properly.

Attachments

• P1000526_.jpg
    P1000526_.jpg
    907.3 KB · Views: 146

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This is the logo I'm having issues with. On the bottom is the original logo not altered, you can see how it cuts into the letters pretty well. The top one I added 2" where the mullions hit so I'm not "loosing" any artwork. Am I over thinking this?

Attachments

• stretch.jpg
    stretch.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 136

Moze

Precision Sign Services
It's not particularly difficult and in a lot of cases it makes it look pretty good. I've done it a few times - below is one example. The mullions on these particular windows are pretty shallow, but even with deeper ones, it provides a more 'complete' look in many cases.

03.jpg

IslandSignWorks

You just have to use the right stuff. I'd use a truck wrap media on the mullions. Watch the silicone sealant or rubber gaskets between the mullion and glass. That can't be covered and it might add a stripe of color to your design that you hadn't intended.