• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crack and Peel pre-slit liner rolls

Goodtimes808

We Print Almost Everything
Hello,
A customer came in with these stickers that have pre-slit liners. Does anyone know the material? I would imagine it was printed roll to roll and not on sheets because they are a large beverage company and the quality of the sticker they brought in was printed latex. Any help would be great!! See photo. Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 201

ProColorGraphics

All I have found is sheets for offset printing, up to like 26" by 40". I have been playing around with them on my UV printer and running them as "rigid".

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
There's a lot of little gadgets for slitting the liner but they all depend on precision depth setting, constant pressure, and keeping the tool perfectly parallel to the backing. In other words, sometimes the magic works and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it cuts into the vinyl, sometimes it doesn't completely cut the backer. In my never humble opinion all of these tools are stunts and you should never depend on a stunt to work. Some people in these waters will swear by one brand or another but that's merely evidence that they've been lucky.

I've never heard of pre-slitted roll media. Even if there were, registering the print to the slits in the backer would be very educational. It would teach you how to curse.