• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Crazy Prices

bpfohler

Just priced out my latest order and Fellers was $100 more then the next highest quote. I rarely run myself out of product where I can’t wait an extra day or two to get product.
How do they stay in business?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Grimco is offering us lower prices, but their service is not as good as Fellers, so you do have that trade-off. It usually takes them around a day longer to get materials to us than Fellers.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Grimco is getting absolutely slaughtered by "a national scale competitor" lately on every substrate.

Talking 50-60% more.
Black PVC, 1"
$183 vs. $292

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Grimco is getting absolutely slaughtered by "a national scale competitor" lately on every substrate.

Talking 50-60% more.
Black PVC, 1"
$183 vs. $292

Yea a lot of folks here like Grimco and I never looked at them till about a month ago... I was kind of shocked at their prices.

BUCKY

You can negotiate better pricing with your Fellers sales rep if you have some buying power. They are not our main supplier yet they do give us the best
pricing of all our vendors. The reason they are not our main vendor is the simple fact that I don't mind paying a few extra dollars
to be able to deal with sales representatives I can put a face with.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You can negotiate better pricing with your Fellers sales rep if you have some buying power. They are not our main supplier yet they do give us the best
pricing of all our vendors. The reason they are not our main vendor is the simple fact that I don't mind paying a few extra dollars
to be able to deal with sales representatives I can put a face with.

I tried talking to our rep and he gave me good pricing on a FEW, very FEW items and then get slaughtered on everything else. I hate how they play games like that.

AKwrapguy

Just priced out my latest order and Fellers was $100 more then the next highest quote. I rarely run myself out of product where I can’t wait an extra day or two to get product.
How do they stay in business?

Have you reached out to your local dealer? They might be able to beat it and get the material to you the same day.

ExecuPrintGS

I tried talking to our rep and he gave me good pricing on a FEW, very FEW items and then get slaughtered on everything else. I hate how they play games like that.

We get a good price on our wrap and digital print materials and lams from fellers, i emailed our new, new, new, new sales rep/ regional manager (we have lost 3 reps in the past 6 months) for some translucent vinyl and the price they came back at 10-15% above the book price. When i questioned it i got an email back about labor rates and loss on cutting down 50 yard rolls... Yeah, you are going to have labor, you are a supplier who supplies cut down rolls but pricing shouldn't be over what catalog price is. I get that prices change and adjust but we are typically below book price not above. Why have pricing in the catalogs (yes i know we can get up to the minute pricing online but i like looking at the book).

I miss out old sales rep we had for 6 years, quick on the quotes and competitive pricing. Grimco reps have been here and they are a touch more expensive but at least they come out and act like they care about our business, our newest fellers reps aren't even from the same state as us.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Fellers used to be aggressive about new accounts and sending reps out and being good on price. Now it seams they trimmed down on reps...and calls take longer to answer, prices are higher...seems they are trying to extract the most $$ from the customer base they have and hope they keep buying from them out of habit, even if they loose the more price conscious customers. Make more $$ and less expense, can't say I wouldn't do the same thing if it worked

letterman7

Talking 50-60% more.
Black PVC, 1"
$183 vs. $292

So who's the 'national scale competitor'? I'm using Grimco more and more since my local is trimming away their wares little by little.

TomK

I stopped buying from Feller's, the pricing got crazy and when I inquired about better pricing/matching competitors they just about laughed at me and said it is what it is.

I tried Nglantz, pricing was crazy high on the quotes I received.

I continue to buy from Grimco, and if I find a better price online (uscutter, signwarehouse, etc) my rep will match the price 99.9% of the time. The added benefit is next day/same day delivery for us since they are less than an hour away - and they don't charge me for delivery if I spend more than $100 bucks.

fresh

I needed something my current supplier didn't have in stock because Avery has been being a PITA lately. Fellers had it, but for about 45% higher than my normal supplier. I spoke with "my" sales rep, and he gave me a better price than I was paying, which equated to about 35% off Fellers list.

Its annoying to have to call in to place orders and get pricing on every little thing. So even if they can save me a bit of loot, the annoyance factor isn't worth it for me.

fresh

I stopped buying from Feller's, the pricing got crazy and when I inquired about better pricing/matching competitors they just about laughed at me and said it is what it is.

I tried Nglantz, pricing was crazy high on the quotes I received.

I continue to buy from Grimco, and if I find a better price online (uscutter, signwarehouse, etc) my rep will match the price 99.9% of the time. The added benefit is next day/same day delivery for us since they are less than an hour away - and they don't charge me for delivery if I spend more than $100 bucks.
Does Harbor Sales deliver to your area? I feel like their pricing is as good as we can get.

visual800

Grimco sucks I just completely ended my realationship with them, last order took 2 weeks to get vinyl and 19mm PVC, when the vinyl came it was 651 instead of 751, that did it for me. So Im on the hunt for new vinyl supplier. My last supplier was advantage sign, great prices, quick shipping....GRIMCO bought them out and ruined that. Fellers is high as hell and so is Denver supply. Ill check out USCutter