• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Creation PCUT CT1200

GeneralJR

Does anybody has a PCUT plotter? we've just bought a company that has this machine which isnt working... it doesnt reconize the data from PC, we have original software, i've tried the machine in 3 diferent computers, change the serial cable twice, reconfigure COM1 Port, everything under the sun we've done with no success, most of the contacts for this machine is in chinese language. i've called an eletronic technician and he opened it up, changed a couple of 'bad' capacitor and still doesnt work... there is a simple test on the panel of the machine, it cuts the test just fine, but wont cut anything that we sent from the computer!!!
Can anybody help me????

gvgraphics

You need to check the communication language to see if it is hpgl or gpgl. I don't know where on that machine but I would try it in both settings.

GeneralJR

we are new to the business, so i'm not sure how to check this communication language, would it be on the software or in the machine? which one should be? hpgl or gpgl?

gvgraphics

Most are HPGL but on occasion GPGL is used. I would go threw the settings on the machine and locate them, then try it in both settings to see what your results are. This may not be your issue but it is a good starting place.

JCteesOhio

what is the brand of the software? try setting the cutter using the USB port and in the computer set the cutter in port 3 first if the prot 3 doesn't communicate try port 5.

GeneralJR

Software that came with the machine is ArtCut 2005... the machine doesnt have USB port, only the big Paralel port (those old ones used to conect printers to computer) one end of the cable is paralel (to conect to the plotter) the other end is Serial (9-pin) to conect to the the computer through COM1... the machine used to work like that, the former owner used it for 1 year...

signage

need to make sure your language are the same then you need to check your baud rates, parity etc., not sure what the setting should be for a pcut but someone else on here may have one and be able to tell you!

gvgraphics

I found this online:

Bits per second : 9600
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow Control: Hardware

Plotter Cable

Please ensure that your Serial (Com) cable is a RS 232-C cable.

JCteesOhio

Try this: in this case your will be ct-1200 all the p-cut use the same driver so it should not be a problem setting as follow:Here's the how to guide to setting up a PCut on Win2K/XP/Vista:

1. Plug the cutter into the PC, install whatever driver it came with to get the USB/Serial adapter working.

2. Navigate to Device Manager and disable Com2 (right click, disable) if already present.

3. Double click the USB Com Port and set as follows:

Bits Per Second: 9600
Stop Bits: 1

Click Advanced, set as follows:

Com Port Number: Com2
USB Transfer Sizes: Receive = 4096, Transmit = 4096
Latency Times = 1MS
Minimum Read/Write Time Out = 0MS
Serial Enumerator = Ticked
Serial Printer = Ticked
Cancel If Power On = Ticked
Event On Surprise Removal = Ticked
Set RTS On Close = Ticked

Click OK and OK again.

Close Device Manager

4. Open what ever cutting software you wish to use and set it up as follows:

Cutter = Creation PCut CT630
Serial Port/Com Port = Com2
Com Port Speed = 9600
Flow Control = Hardware

5. Check the port speed on the cutter is set to 9600

GeneralJR

Try this: in this case your will be ct-1200 all the p-cut use the same driver so it should not be a problem setting as follow:Here's the how to guide to setting up a PCut on Win2K/XP/Vista:

1. Plug the cutter into the PC, install whatever driver it came with to get the USB/Serial adapter working.

2. Navigate to Device Manager and disable Com2 (right click, disable) if already present.

3. Double click the USB Com Port and set as follows:

Bits Per Second: 9600
Stop Bits: 1

i got to that part and now the data goes to the machine, as u can see on the screen shot, even tho it took 40+ seconds to send that info to the cutter. but the machine refused to cut anyway

Click Advanced, set as follows:

Com Port Number: Com2
USB Transfer Sizes: Receive = 4096, Transmit = 4096
Latency Times = 1MS
Minimum Read/Write Time Out = 0MS
Serial Enumerator = Ticked
Serial Printer = Ticked
Cancel If Power On = Ticked
Event On Surprise Removal = Ticked
Set RTS On Close = Ticked

Click OK and OK again.

Close Device Manager

now i couldnt find this information, when i click in advanced the options i have is nothing similiar to those u state above.

I use XP service pak 2

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 448

Techman

As mentioned above.. Make sure you have the correct cable. In many cases a simple serial cable will not work. You need a null modem serial cable.

GeneralJR

the cable is corret, its a null modem serial... we've decided to get another plotter (actually we've bought a new one already) but i wont give up on this one, as i want to leave as a backup plotter or even use on days that we have lot of work to do, so i really appreciate all the help, and JC i got your PM and i will call you as soon as we get everything on its place here.

Thank You!!!

Frosted Images

Has anyone did any research on Creation Pcut plotters? I'm looking for a new series to hit the US. Maybe someone on here has a little more China relations then me. The series are the CS and CR with 32 bit ARM7 CPU motherboard and OPOS (whatever that is!). The CS model comes with a SD memory card slot. Check out the site. http://pcut-cn.com/eproducts/index.php?protypeid=26
No price though, what a bummer!

BTilly

Frosted Images

I am also looking for less expensive cutter. I have heard mixed reviews.
Can you tell me about your experience with it.

Thanks
Bob

Techman

time to look at a real cutter with a real reputation and one that uses standard processing units.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
A freind of mine got one (P-cut)

I think it took five months (just as well he was retired) to get it to where it would work.
Stuff didn't happen the way the manual said it would.
It's fine now, but was a headache getting is going.

There's a big lot of fans of it in UK, on the UK sign forums, who may be able to help, if no one here can.

It was a cheap machine...you get what you pay for in this case, I'm afraid.

Wiggum PI

I loves me some old threads..ugh.
Has anyone had any recent experience setting this POS up on an XP 32bit pc(not sure what SP yet) with some software called PLT Draw? I have to help a guy de-mothball this thing temporarily if anyone can help?

I will be trying JCTees instructions, so any revisions on that would be great.