• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crestliner boat - font?

MikePro

client wants his boat lettered, and of course wants me to match the existing "Crestliner' logo font.
anything close come to mind?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 5.41.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 5.41.29 PM.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 342
  • Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 5.45.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 5.45.40 PM.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 459

MikePro

yeah, and he's my neighbor.... comes over every day to add another thing to the ever-expanding "to-do list" for his boat/charter biz.

Copperplate is a good direction. I may just type out all I need, shear, and then chop off some of the serifs :)

OldPaint

really???? how hard would it be............to print that on a full sheet of paper, stick it in your scanner....bring it into COREL... and TRACE IT??? can do that faster then trying to find a matching font. and i know this HOW?
ever heard of BAJA OUTLAW boats? i just did the same thing for it....the word OUTLAW..... is somekinda hand script...... guy sent me the pic of one that is still good.... and then this is what i did with it....IN COREL now i have it as a vector.

Attachments

• outlaw.jpg
    outlaw.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 246
  • outlaw.jpg
    outlaw.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 386

Snydo

I'm not a designer and this is probably a stupid question, but couldn't you just bring the photo you have which looks to be a decent resolution into Illustrator and trace it, get a clean vector, size it, then drag it into photoshop and work some magic? I realize you lose the vectoring but if you bring it into PS at scale it should look great.
Good deals can be had on ebay for OEM decals, but not this time of year. Best of Luck.

Hey Pat, only Leisure boat owners suck, Fishing Boat owners are awesome though (most of us).

MikePro

brandsoftheworld has the crestliner logo, but thanks for your concern. :)
looking to make DNR #'s, and was hoping to skip a step by matching a font...

no biggie, i'm already on-to matching the text effects and this case of beer is MINE!!! (Pat gets an i.o.u)

:rock-n-roll:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 7.53.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 7.53.29 PM.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,105

MikePro

really???? how hard would it be............to print that on a full sheet of paper, stick it in your scanner....bring it into COREL... and TRACE IT???

know what else I can do faster?
...just that.
except i'd skip the need to print on paper, just to scan it. ...but that's just how we do it up here in the 21st century :)