• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique/Help

#1 SignPro

This will be for a tool truck. Any help incorporating a wrench into this would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• mechanix.jpg
    mechanix.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 106

Marlene

I like what you did with the x on the end. maybe try it all without all the outlines and black with just the wording under the name so that the name is the focal point

Jillbeans

I don't like the font.
You'd be better off with Hellvetica, I hate the crooked endings on the C and Ss in Arial or whatever that is.
It doesn't need the grey drop shadow.
When have you ever seen a grey shadow being cast on black?
I'd also lose the pinline black outline on the red, you don't need that either.
And...you don't need a wrench, really.
Altho Craig suggests a wench.
:)
Love....Jill

#1 SignPro

Little change of direction, wasn't happy with the wrench.

Attachments

• mechanix7.jpg
    mechanix7.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 95
  • mechanix8.jpg
    mechanix8.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 68

Pat Whatley

The new one reads as Me Hanix. The C/wrench just isn't getting it. I liked your first one...maybe make the black bar under MECHANIX the wrench?

Dan Antonelli

+1 SignManiac-

ON yours, convert to greyscale and you'll see what the issues are from a distance legibility standpoint. Always be mindful of laying down primary copy on a panel that is equal or greater value than itself. You are using the outline/drop to try and account for this, which doesnt work.

If you want to run a red panel you can then use white type with black outline. This is a really old logo I did about 15 years ago, but gives you an idea.

http://www.graphicd-signs.com/portfolio-logo-contractors#20

#1 SignPro

Thanks for ALL the help everyone. Still want to have the wrench in it and tried to fill the space with the "H" going into it and arched the "E" around it as well as kerned the letters closer. Let me know what you think, is it getting ANY better or should I scrap the wrench for the "C" idea?

Attachments

• mechanix9.jpg
    mechanix9.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 66

Jillbeans

Scrap it.
A logo shouldn't have to be so literal, especially when it makes your brain do a "Say what?" when you're trying to decipher it. Simple and snappy works so much better.