• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique this layout

Signed Out

What would you do different?

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 93
  • back1.jpg
    back1.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 96
  • back2.jpg
    back2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 116

HulkSmash

Bold, reads good, only thing i would change is the yellow, hard to see from afar. Our add a thick black outline to it.

busypc

I don't like the yellow either. It clashes with the other text...color wise. Is there another color that you could use. Or, outline the yellow with black and change the other text color to match the yellow and black better.

"Deposit Please"

Place the services on the lower back doors, that way you don't have to stack them. replace yellow with black and thicken black stroke on Wilton truck center...just a little.

laserman70

If you want to keep the yellow, outline it.
on the middle picture, my eye goes to the negative space where the door handle is.
With the name on the bottom like in the last my eye goes to the name.
just my .02
The rest looks good.

Signed Out

yea the yellow was bothering me the black outline helps. i hate the back of this truck especially with all the info the customer wants on it i had thought of putting the logo bigger across the windows but quickly remembered that he wants everything on the truck reflective. these are the company colors... although he came around on the printed reflective so he could have the gradient in his logo.

Attachments

• side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 92

HulkSmash

Could you simplify the stuff they do? We did 12 of these box trucks, and was able to simplify it down to 3 points, and they do a TON of stuff. Also the layout is a bit similar.

Attachments

• IMAG0403.jpg
    IMAG0403.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 98

Signed Out

layout1.jpg

layout 2.jpg

Unfortuneatly the customer isn't budging on his services list. Any input on these layouts? I showed the customer a layout that was suggested here by gmr55, which i liked but customer didn't. Any input would be helpful. Thanks

SignManiac

The outline color is too close in value to the lettering color. It needs some contrast to help it read better. From a distance the name looks blobbish. That's just one of the problems. I think you could come up with a better layout if you tried a few other approaches. Devo's example is a good start in the right direction.

Jillbeans

I'd completely lose the overpowering red outline, and give the letters a thicker black outline (but not as thick as that red one)
Your italics all look to have a different slant.
Try the laundry list in black with red bullets.
Love....Jill

Signed Out

thanks guys, can't believe i forgot to hit spell check. I can't really change the logo, i didn't design it and they have already been using it for some time. Also i feel limited to use the burghandy and gold to match the colors in the logo, I will try the black and white with red bullets, i think that will help out.

Patentagosse

Newbie here (1st post) Here's my observation:
in your last layouts, try to use same character slant for all copies 'cause from what I see on monitor, each line has it's own angle (+ the safety stripes that have their own too). Bottom line where it reads Adirondack Northway / Exit 16 should be made of same formula too... one is compressed while the other looks stretched. That's what pops to my eyes at first look. Logo is OK but would benefit of bold black stroke to add in constrast.